14-IV

Afterward, Eryn and Justice had to bid them farewell. Gallanthyde decided they should rest up after their duel. It took a lot out of them.

"Huaah..." Gallanthyde removed his black leather armor and stripped his under-vest off. I should consider repairing this. He removed the belts and dropped his pants till he was standing naked. He grabbed a custom-made bathrobe and wrapped it around him, the hem reaching his knees.

Time to head to the hot springs.

The royal knights were provided with hot springs. After their duels and training, the knights would usually cool down here. There were three areas: one for males, one for females, and a mixed area. Gallanthyde chose the mixed area because he liked the wooden architecture surrounding it. It was also the biggest hot spring out of the three. And it was always empty at this time.

Pushing past the curtains, a wide, circular hot spring greeted his eyes. Its springs glowed a calming white light, exuding a holy and pure presence. White and dense fog rose into the air, making his vision a little hazy. He stepped into the spring, feeling its healing qualities almost immediately. A satisfied sigh left his lips as he submerged both his legs in them.

He trudged through the waters till he reached the opposite end. Turning around, he sank himself to his chest. He leaned his back against the stone edge. Now, that's rejuvenating.

Gallanthyde closed his eyes and relaxed in the springs. All the tension was absorbed away from his shoulders. I feel I could sleep at any moment...

Opening his eyes, his gaze drifted to a piece of jewelry glistening through the fog. He raised his palm, staring at the jewelry on his finger.

Lady Alessandra's ring...

Such a beauty to look at. It must have held a lot of sentimental value for Alessandra, but she proposed to him with it. I can feel the strength of her feelings through this ring. How much it mattered to her. Gallanthyde clenched his fist, brushing his fingers against the silver ring. He would treasure it with his own life, flesh, and blood.

"...!" His eyes shot open, his senses on high alert. The sounds of water ripples traveled through his ears. Is someone there? He looked forward and saw a figure, though he couldn't make it out due to the thick fog. Well, this is a mixed spring, so I shouldn't be wary. Still, there has never been anyone else besides him.

"Lord Gallanthyde." A voice called out to him. A voice that pierced his eardrums because of how familiar it sounded.

"... L-Lady Alessandra?!" He batted his eyelids. Is that her...?!

As she got closer and the fog cleared up, he could see the long, golden hair clinging to her back. Her face looked so pure and delicate, her cheeks a tender red. A towel, reaching down from her chest to her thighs, was wrapped around, accentuating the curves as the fabric hugged her body. Curves he found so sensual.

"I had a feeling I'd reach you here," Alessandra said, smoothing her hair behind her ear.

"Lady Alessandra!" His face flushed a deep red. "W-What are you doing here?! T-This is the mixed area!"

"I'm well aware of that." She giggled, which made his heart skip a beat. "I was hoping we could–..."

"I-I was just finishing, actually!" He stood up in a panic, odd feelings coursing through him. "Please, have this hot spring to yourself! I shan't bother you!"

"H-Huh?!" Her eyes widened. He just got here, didn't he?! "N-No, please don't leave! It's not a bother at all!"

"It's fine!" He turned around, about to step away from the springs. Seeing her body was doing things to his heart. "Please enjoy your–..."