14-III

Gallanthyde and Alessandra dashed towards each other.

Let's finish this!

SLASH!

They exchanged multiple blows, Gallanthyde pushing on the offense while she stood on defense. Every single of his spear attacks, she deflected effortlessly with her sword. None broke through her defense.

She's stopping all my attacks. His eyes narrowed. How is that possible? Did she gather all that from the little time we've been fighting? She knew how to counter his attack perfectly each time. As if... she's reading me.

Gallanthyde slammed his spear downwards. Alessandra raised her sword overhead, one hand gripping the hilt, one hand palming the blade.

SLAM!

"Mnngh!" His spear forced her sword downwards, pushing her to her knees, her feet digging into the ground. The ground beneath her shattered from the overwhelming force. She let his spear slide off her blade and quickly rolled out of the way.

I intend to give this my all. Gallanthyde stabbed his spear to the ground.

Alessandra watched him closely. He stopped moving...

The air pressure around him surged. Leaves spiraled outwards. Dark and unnatural energy radiated off him.

Alessandra's grip tightened on her sword. This unnatural feeling. She sensed it through their battle. The pressure coming off him was... intense.

"...!" Eryn's eyes widened. That stance...! He isn't thinking of...?!

"Our battle has been fun, Lady Alessandra." Lightning struck his spear. Thunder echoed through the dark skies. "I'll end this right here. Right now."

"... You've kept me waiting." Alessandra drew her sword to her forearm. Her red eye glowed in intense heat.

SLASH!

She struck her sword against her armor. Hot sparks burst outwards, igniting her sword in golden flames. Flames that match the color of her golden hair.

The God of Death's Lightning against the Goddess Knight's flames.

The final strike.

In an instant, Gallanthyde appeared in front of her and unleashed a thunderous charge straight to her abdomen.

CRASH!

A lightning shockwave exploded across the battlefield, electricity crawling on the ground. Menacing darkness covered the skies.

"Get behind me, Ms. Justice." Eryn pulled Justice behind him to shield her. All they could see was a blinding dome explosion emanating from where the two fighters stood. It was too bright for Eryn and Justice to see.

Soon, the skies faded back into their natural state, and brightness dimmed down. The two fighters slowly appeared into view and...

... his spear had thrust into her hand, bleeding it out, completely missing its target.

She caught my spear with her bare hand... Gallanthyde stared at it.

KLANG!

Alessandra crushed his blade within her grip into countless fragments and slashed the shaft in half. He was left with a broken weapon.

SWISH!

Flames trailed behind him in the shape of a V, burning in two directions, scorching the earth into ashes.