Chapter 8 | Ragging

As Arohi got dragged into the crowded area her thoughts started to wonder of. All 4 years of her college in Ahmedabad, She had kept to herself and her friend circle. Even her college had kept Juniors and seniors in different building to avoid ragging but this is a big city and a big collage. The college can talk about ragging free environment and even try but kids here won't listen. For kids ragging is like a tradition in college, she knew that just a rule won't stops kids from a college as big as this. She fear what they would do. She had only seen ragging in movies and shows. She really hope it wasn't the same in real.

Man:"Common dude. All you got to do is sing. It can't be that bad"( A man who looked  liked the person leading the ragging group.)

The whole group of juniors stood looking at their feet while one of the guy was in the middle looking at his shoes as the senior talked to him.

Boy:(Junior)" I..I don't know how to sing. And you want me to propose to a teacher while singing. I can't "

Man:(Grabbing onto The boys shoulder in a calm yet powerful way)"Look here buddy. I ain't got all day. Do it fast there are other people waiting to be tested"

Tested? Arohi thought what is this some kind of game. Arohi looked at the man in disgust while She saw Riya almost at a verge of going up and Slapping him.

Boy:"but..."

Man:"You don't want to make me angry here dude"( He said with a growl)

Riya:(Not able to control herself)" Then stop being a moron and mind your own business "

Everyone's eyes turned towards Riya as Arohi's eyes widen gripping onto Riya's hands to stop her from saying anything more. Heck yeah she wanted to show this guy his place but she also understood the situation as if now. Acting all heroic won't help as Arohi and Riya weren't anywhere close to scary and powerful looking as these kids did.

Riya:"What Aru..  We need to gives these idiot's a piece of our minds. They can't act like they rule the world"( Riya whispered in anger)

Arohi:(Whispering back) "There are other ways to teach them a lesson then this. We have to teach them a lesson not get eaten ourselves "

Man:"Oh...Feisty are we here"

Riya:"Shut up"

Man:"Don't talk to me like that.( He growled)" Don't think I will be less harsh because your a girl"

Arohi:(Sarcastically)"yeah yeah as if that's a achievement "

Man:"sorry?"( He asked amused)

Arohi:"I said that it's nothing to be proud of what your saying. In fact it's a shame that you think disrespect girls and boys or anyone is cool"

Man:( Scoffed)"I guess you too are really eager to get ragged. Alright( Turning to te boy)" Go on, your free. ( Turning to the girls) "So ladies what should we make you do that will serve as a good punishment to learn the lesson of never messing with your senior"

Riya:( Laughed Amusingly)"And you think we will do what you say. ( Turning to Arohi)" Is his brain empty or what. (Turning to The man again) " Dude we are rebelling Against Ragging here what makes you think we will let you rag us?  Okay you know what 'senior..' tell me what year are you in"( She said mocking the senior word)