Chapter 31|Harsh reality

The gang looked on angered by the words of Shekhar. The thoughts and morals of this village had already shocked and angered the gang but this was over the limit. No tradition. no religion. No one give anyone the right to hit or abuse a person. And here this man was doing so to both his wife and daughter and felt absolutely no guilt what so ever.

Vishal:" I am sorry Kaka. I am sorry that I thought you could have another chance to change. I should have taken action the first time only when i got to know of these deeds of your"

Shekhar:"You have no say in this Vishal. It's doesn't matter if you are more powerful then me or hold a higher position. You are still young. I am elder. Listen to me I know what's best for my family."

Vishal:"Yeah getting yoru just 13 year old daughter married off to some dude who is in his late 20s is really a good decision right kaka?"( He said sarcastically. As the new information came out it shocked the gang more)

Kabir:"What the fu.... fudge?( He quickly stumbled on his words) Married?"

Vivek:"Have you gone mad or what? She is a child"

Tanvi:"She is your own daughter. How can you do such a thing to her"

Shekhar:"who are you to question me. Tell me vishal are these one of those tourist who come to our village and lecture us on changing our traditions.(Turning to the gang) Well listen here kids, These traditions have been going on since the era of gods. It's our duty to follow them if you new people want to forget your religion then it's shame on you. Don't come to my home and try to rule it the way you want it"

Arohi:(scoffs)"This is pathetic "

Shekhar:"What?"

Arohi:"I said this is pathetic. You are pathetic."

Women:"You have no manner or what"

Arohi:"You might not agree Aunty but I think I have more manners then you and (Turning to shekhar) You as well. You all think manner is agreeing to what elders think. Manner is respecting elders. Well why don't elders respect kids. It's it a human right to respect. Why can elders insult their kids how ever they want. Use them, abuse them and think that it is okay. That kids shouldn't stand up to that just because they are smaller in age. Smaller in relation? Why..."

Women:"Oh lord lord... "(She said in displease)

Tanvi:(Directed to vishal)" What action are you planning to take now? If not any then let me tell you we are taking Sanvi away from here. She and her mother will stay somewhere they can happily live a life without fear"

Vishal:"That's very thoughtful of you but don't worry. you won't have to worry about anything. Sanvi and her mom are coming with me to the city area where they will live a safe and normal life away from here. Away from the fear of getting beaten up. Away from the fear of getting married at just young age. In the city area they will also be protected by indian laws as well"

Shekhar:"What? You can't do that? They are my family"

Vishal:"You don't treat them as such. Kaki...( He said heading towards the scared mother and daughter)

Shekhar:"Prabha don't you dare"

Vishal:"Kaki.. please come with me.. We have to secure Sanvi's future. It won't be able to happen here you know that"

Prabha:"I..how..."( She said as she felt scared by the glare of her husband)

Arohi:(Moving towards the lady)"Kaki..please think of your daughter. I know you were taught to follow your husbands words blindly but kaki please open you eyes and see. Is this what your religion teaches you. Torture the innocent. Kaki people pray to gods such as shiv ji and krishna ji. But kaki they themselves loved and respected their respective partners and other women. When we compare our husbands and respective partners to such Divine people why do we forget the fact that we also have Parvati maa and Lakshmi maa residing in us. Why do we ignore the disrespect  we get from men and keep treating them as gods when they don't even care how we feel. Why do we become so emotional and sacrifices everything even our happiness for men but they..All they do is abuse saying it is their right?  Why kaki? Why are women considered weak when they can tolerate 100 times more pain then men. Why kaki? Why?"