Chapter 20| Mixed feeling

Arohi:(Sighs as she pulls her hand of him)"I guess I have to talk to Riya myself. By the way... What wrong with you? You seemed to be off too especially with me?"( She asked skeptically making Adi freezes at the direct question)

Aditya stared at Arohi for few minutes trying to get his thoughts together when Riya call her taking her attention off Aditya and towards Riya.

Riya:"Come na?"

Arohi:"Coming. ( Turning towards aditya)"Don't think I will forget my question. I need my answer soon Aditya"( She said before she ran off towards Riya)

Aditya:(To himself)"I have to get my shit together before I ruin everything "

They all headed out emptying the classroom. Aditya headed towards his friends while Arohi stopped Riya mid way.

Arohi:"Hey listen. I have to buy something real quick. Would you come with me"

Riya:"Yeah let's go"

Arohi:"It's just outside the college come"( Arohi messaged the boys that her and Riya will join them soon as they have few things to do before hand.)

As Riya and Arohi walked out of the college to a cafe near it, Riya looked around confused while, Arohi ordered the waiter a seat of 2. The waiter guided them to a corner table and waited for their order.

Arohi:"1 chocolate pastry and 2 Latte macchiato "

Worker:"Sure maam"( He left as Arohi turned to a confused looking Riya )

Riya:"What are you doing Aru..? What about the thing you needed to grab?"

Arohi:"Well the thing I need is not showing up so easily. So I thought I have to so something else to gain it"

Riya:"What? What do you need"

Arohi:(Smiled softly)"My old crazy Riya. The riya who warned me that she will make me crazy like her. The Riya who make everyone around her happy. The Riya full with joy and happiness. For some reason she is lost today? I want my best friend Ri back"

Riya:(she kept looking at Arohi with teary eyes)"I...I.. "( She sighed as she looked down wiping her tears)"Things aren't well at home. My Nanaji is in hospital. Though I was never close to him, I still feel sad and scared. My mom.. She is devastated. Her condition is scarying me. We just found out yesterday night and she hasn't slept since. Papa is trying to get tickets to my mom's hometown but he isn't getting any date near by. My brothers exams are near, they are worried about leaving us alone. It just chaotic."

Arohi:(Arohi held Riya's hand in comfort)"It's will be alright soon Riya. And your not alone here. I am there, your friends are here. You and your bother can live with us for few days if they think leaving you alone is a problem."

Riya:"That's really sweet but I don't know what they will do. I just wants things be be normal again. I want nanu to be better and maa to be okay. Seeing her all broken hurts "

Arohi:(Still not fully convinced)"Is there something else as well?"

Riya:(looking down)"No...why?"

Arohi:"You seem weird with Aman. I know your mood is off and your mind is distracted but with others your just distant but with Aman you look broken and hurt. ( She saw Riya's facial expression of hurt making her realized her guess is indeed right)" Ri...your my friend... I just want to help.."