Chapter 57| Jealousy

Arohi and Tanvi were sitting on the sofa playing with Ruhi while Aditya was up in his room getting last min things and Ashiwarya and Suhana were talking to the servants about the house being left for few days.

The giggles of Ruhi was filled in the room as Arohi tickled and played with her along with Tanvi. Just then Riya entered with a grumpy face as she sat on the sofa. Arohi stopped as she set Ruhi on her lap and handed her a toy to play as she and Tanvi  turned toward Riya seeing her big frown that covered her face.

Arohi:"What happened ri?"

Tanvi:"Yeah why are you so angry? Where the riya excitement dude?"

Riya:"I am not angry. I am fine. I am just frustrated "

Arohi:(Softly)"What happened Riri?"

Riya:(Sighed)"Aman happened?"

Tanvi:"Aman? Did you 2 fight again? Why, What happened now?"

Riya:"Yes we fought and to be very honest I have no clue why? He is just pissed off since he came to pick me up. I am tired of trying to figure out why?"

Arohi:"He was in a good mood in the afternoon right"

Riya:"That's what I am saying. I don't know why he is irritated"

Tanvi:"Okay tell us what happened from the beginning"

Riya:"Well.. After the lunch in the afternoon, I went home. Aman had messaged to pick me up around 7:45 so I replied with a thumbs up before I started to pack. After packing, I slept for few hours. I woke up around 7 or so. Mom had cooked dinner already so I eat but then my mom's cousin brother aka my Mamaji came to our house. I didn't pay much attention and was busy with my packing only. "

As Riya told Arohi and Tanvi what happened, The 2 kept looking at her while Arohi bounced ruhi in her lap.

Flashback to few hours back at Riya's house...

Riya's Mom:"So Bhaiya What is it that you wanted to talk about"(She said as Riya came out and sat on the sofa next to her dad)

Mamaji:"Oh yeah"(He kept his tea aside)" You remember My wife's brother right?"

Riya's mom:"Yeah"

Mamaji:"Well he has 2 sons Amit and Arun. Amit is the age of wedding and they are searching for a good bride for them. Riya is also at the age of marriage now. As soon as her studies end we should get her married. I think Amit and Riya would be a perfect pair"

Riya looked up at her mom and Dad already knowing their answer. Multiple Wedding Alliances Have came for her from her relatives since she completed her graduations. She had become used to this because she knew her parents will support her and are open minded people not like her other relatives.

Riya's Dad:"Bhaiya as you know as if now we aren't looking for any marriage alliances for Riya. At least for the next 2 to 3 years. She wants to complete her post graduation then get a job and start her career. After that when ever she feels like she is ready then we would look into alliances"

Mamaji:"You will miss out on the best alliances like this. If she surpasses an age then who will marry her. It will be hard to find a good boy. I am telling you Amit is the best. She can continue her education or career after marriage. I say at least meet the family once. If the 2 like each other then do engagement now and marriage after an year or so.

Riya's Mom:"We.. We will think about it Bhaiya"

Riya kept looking at her phone. This was a typical reply for her parents when every someone asked pr pressured them. Did they ever look into it. No! But much unknown to Riya, Aman had arrived just before this conversation started and was at the door. His jaw tighten hearing the talk of Marriage. His eyes darted to Riya who seemed totally unbothered by it.