Chapter 55

"I plead guilty"

The courtroom was filled with gasps and mummers, all of them looking at themselves not expecting to hear the actress voice out those words. The people who were on her side shifted uncomfortably into their seats wanting one thing to run out of the court and hide. The people had believed her without too much explanation, they thought Anna was a sweetheart who they see on TV but hearing her say that she was guilty made them feel worse.

Samuel looked at her with wide eyes, shifting slightly in his seat, he didn't think that Anna had taken his advice seriously, Anna wasn't a person who can listen to anyone's opinion she was her own person, so hearing that she had finally taken his advice to plead guilty made him smile. Now all he had to do was to make sure the judge don't give her many years. Samuel was back to being her lawyer, now he was searching through his head how to argue this case but he was too late coz he wasn't ready for what was about to happen next.

Sean has the same expression as everyone else in the room, though he was so different from the others, he was searching in his head, why was Anna pleading guilty all of the sudden.

What was she planning?

"Order in the court" the judge whacks her gravel stopping the murmurs going around the room. The people adjusted themselves keeping quiet. Nathan who was still frozen in one place swallowing hard trying so hard to read Anna but the woman hid her expression so well, he uses this technique to read his prey but this woman was good, though he was thinking the same thing as Sean, what was she up to.

"Ms. Lopez, we asked you whether you plead guilty and you said no, what changed," the judge asked with a heavy sigh.

"I'm sorry your honor" she bowed her head in respect "I'm innocent your honor" she added confusing people more.

"You said you plead guilty, I thought you knew what you're saying" the judge again asked looking at her with raised brows.

"I know what I'm talking about your honor if you could let me explain please," she again said sweetly showing too much respect towards the woman who gestured her to go on with one of her hand. "I'm guilty for only one crime your honor and I will take whichever punishment you will give me but with other charges I'm innocent," she said her voice so calm and sweet. Everyone in the room was anxious.

"Which Crime do you plead guilty for Ms.Lopez cos you have many charges against you," the judge asked interlocking her fingers together. Anna looked down at her fingers as she played with them nervously, a tear sliding down her cheek which she wiped off quickly but not too quickly for the people to see. The whole room had already seen it. She lifted her eyes locking them with Sean who was biting his lips hard as they draw blood.

"I'm guilty of abusing my husband your honor," she put her hand over her mouth tears spilling out of her eyes hastily. Sean's breath hitched in his throat hearing what the woman had said. Everyone in the courtroom was looking at her with so many expressions "I abused him and I'm not proud of it your honor, I'm even so mad at me, how can I wake up in the morning and abuse that gorgeous man" she cried harder, Sean was out of words, he didn't know what to think at this moment but too much was going through his head.

"Sean baby I'm so sorry, I don't know what came over me to start treating you like that my boy. You knew me for years," she sniffed "I shouldn't have done that, it's like something was pushing me to, I'm sorry" she looked him square in the face. She stood up from her seat slowly pulled off her heels and walked towards where Sean was sitting still frozen as she kneeled in front of him.

"I'm on my knees, Please forgive me, baby, I never meant to hurt you," She said crying a river her eyes held regret. Rhode wanted to stand up and go pull her up but her mother stopped her. A clearing of a voice behind Sean got him out of his trance blicking rapidly as he took shaky breaths.