Chapter 58

172 years without bail.

Annabel Lopez is going to be behind bars, locked away for 172 years. That was life imprisonment right, they should have said that. The jury didn't go soft on her, Anna was found guilty of all the crimes she was charged with but the most important which angered the judge and the jury more, was for her to plan an attack to kill someone in their courtroom, that was disrespectful. The justice was so tough on her not betting an eye.

To say that Sean wasn't happy would be an understatement, he was freaking joyous, when he heard about the years she's going to spend away, he was relieved. Now he was sure, Annabel Lopez will not be a problem for him or his family, his kids are going to grow up without worrying about her. Stone was given twenty years for attempting murder without bail too. Sean was safe so does his family and now he was rest assured that nothing bad will happen to them though one thing was lingering in his brain all this time. And the only question on his mind was...

Why?

Why did Anna do that to him, why did she treat him so badly, why was she so obsessed with him, why would she do all those horrible things to him and his family, why him in all people around the world, why? and most especially why did Anna ruin her life like that. She had everything, every person admires to have, she had a good life but why ruin it like that.

Sean knows he can't get the answers from anyone but her. That's why he found himself seated in the waiting room of the station waiting for the woman who destroyed half of his life to no end. Anna was being transferred tomorrow to the prison so Sean wanted to use this time to come and get answers, he didn't want to see her trust him but he can't stop thinking about it. He can't help to think that there's more to this than an obsession.

There is something else and he needs to find out.

He was scared coz he vowed to never see the woman again in his life, he even didn't know if there is an explanation to all of this but he hoped that there is, no one comes in someones life and ruin it without a reason right, everything done in this world, has a fucken reason, Sean knows it. That's why he was here for that one answer which he hoped he could find out.

Sean hopes that nothing happens to him cos if it does, his family would be mad at him. No one knows where he is right now. He told them that he was stepping outside for a moment and the last thing he wanted, was to not worry them again. He wants this to hurry up and go back home to his adorable babies. Sean stood up when he saw two police officers bringing her out. Only few months in custody and she looks like hell, what of the 172 years. How will she look like?

He wondered.

Sean wanted to feel pity for her but his heart couldn't at all.

"Sean..." She gasped, looking at him with wide eyes, she didn't expect to see him here after what had happened.

"Anna..." Sean said sitting down. The officers pushed her down not so gently at all. Sean can't believe that Annabel Lopez is being treated like this and most especially her hands and legs were cuffed.

"Do it gently" she hissed at the officers.

"Talk to me like that again and see what happens when I take you back there" the horror in Anna's eyes didn't go unnoticed. "I'm going to sit here young man, I don't want her to jump at you. Apparently, She bites" the officer said sitting in the opposite sit showing his hand which had harsh bites on it. Sean felt uncomfortable as he looked at Anna, who was glaring at the officers like she might murder him with only her eyes.

"Wait until I get out of here, you will regret this" Anna snarled at him balling her hands. Her nails were crooked, the nail polish getting off. Her sight wasn't pleasant at all but did Sean care, not at all.