Chapter Ten

Aurora

It was a week into the Christmas holidays and all was well. I had spent practically every day with Sam with Dean and Harlow joining us on occasion, our friendship group finally being on the mend. I was content with my life at that moment. I couldn't ask for more, my crush had finally asked me out and I had won my friendship back with my best friend all in one go.

Dean had invited the three of us over to his house as his parents were away at work for the day. Sam had met me at mine and the two of us had walked to Dean's, not bothering to get Harlow as she'd assured us she had her own way there.

"Ya should hear this riff that Dean and I have been working on, it's fuckin' class!" Sam grinned as he knocked on the door, his other hand never leaving mine.

"Yous'll have to show us," I smiled. The front door swung open and my smile dropped momentarily as a result of confusion. "Harls?"

"Hey!" she greeted us. Had she just gotten here? Sam and I stepped through the door, following the brunette up to Dean's room, where my confusion only grew. My eyes narrowed as I noticed two half-eaten plates of food and two glasses of pop on his bedside cabinet but chose not to question it. For now, at least.

"Y'alreet, Deano?" I grinned, jumping next to him on the bed.

"You're way too happy. I don't like it," he scoffed playfully, shoving me away from him.

"Sam, tell him!" I whined, putting an exaggerated pout on my face.

"Leave me girl alone, Thompson," Sam snorted, taking a seat on the edge of his bed and pulling me into his lap.

"Yous make me sick," Dean gagged as Harlow plonked herself on the other side of him.

"Shut up, you've practically been begging us to get together for months," I teased, leaning my head back against Sam's chest and letting out a contented sigh as he ran his thick fingers through my hair. "Speaking of relationships... When are we gan find ya a girlfriend, Dean?" My eyes subtly studied Harlow's reaction as the words left my mouth, my grin widening as I watched her tense up briefly.

"Uh, how about I focus on finishing school before ya go looking for a missus for us, yeah?" he grumbled, averting his gaze from us.

"Buzzkill," I snorted, rolling my eyes.

"Are yous still coming over mine Wednesday? My parents are oot of town for the night, so I've got the house to myself," Harlow asked, changing the subject.

"Actually, Sam's taking me to go and see the fireworks down the beach," I told her feigning regret.

"I am?" he frowned.

"Yes," I spoke firmly, elbowing him in the stomach subtly.

"Yes, I am," he agreed, coughing to cover up the grunt that escaped his mouth.

"You and Dean should still hang out though! Don't cancel cause of us," I smiled innocently, pretending not to notice the death glare I was receiving from Harlow.

"I'm still alreet to come over if that's okay?" Dean told Harlow with a smile, "We'll have a laugh without those pair."

"Aye, course," she agreed as her cheeks dusted pink. She totally had a crush on Dean and it was the most adorable thing ever. I would get the pair of them together if it was the last thing I did.

Sam

"Fireworks, huh?" I asked Rory as we walked back to her house hand in hand. "Ya know, if ya wanted to go ya coulda just asked us?"

"It's not about the fireworks," she told me with an eye roll.

"It's not?" I frowned. Two years of knowing the lass and I was still none the wiser when it came to reading her.

"Boys," she huffed.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I protested, jutting my bottom lip out in a pout.

"Harlow and Dean like each other," she deadpanned.

"...And?" I questioned, gesturing for her to continue.

"You're an idiot sometimes," she laughed. Even when she was making fun of me, her laugh still sent me into overdrive. It was angelic.

"Can ya just explain?" I scowled playfully as I hit my shoulder against hers.

"They fancy each other," she explained with a small smile.

"What? No," I gasped.

"Yeah," she giggled, cuddling up to my arm as I felt her shiver.

"Are ya cold?" I frowned, suddenly concerned about her catching pneumonia, "Here, take my jacket." I shrugged the coat from my shoulders and draped it around hers before taking her under my arm and pulling her into my side.

"What a gentleman," she beamed, turning her head to kiss my chest.

"I'd be a shit boyfriend if I let me girlfriend freeze to death after only being together for a week now, wouldn't I?" I snorted, pressing a soft kiss to the crown of her head as we came to a stop outside her house.

"Hmm. Wanna come in and make out in my room?" she suggested, pulling away from my side to stare up at me, biting her lip.

"Yes, please," I groaned, quickly pecking her lips before pulling her inside, earning a loud squeal from the younger girl.