Chapter One Hundred and Fifty Six

Aurora

"Rory," Sam called obnoxiously. "Rory."

"Sam, it's too early," I groaned, kicking him lightly and not bothering to open my eyes, instead curling back into my pillow. "Go back to sleep."

"But it's Christmas," he whined, pressing his front to my back so he was spooning me. One of his hands rested on my hip where the hem of the t-shirt I was wearing ended, his fingers fiddling with the cotton as he pressed his lips against the skin of the crook of my neck.

"Sam, you're literally gan be twenty-seven in April," I muttered. "Go back to sleep."

"I can't!" he huffed like the true seven-year-old he was. "I'm awake now."

"Aye, well, I'm not," I grumbled.

"Rory," he groused. "Ceemon."

"No," I murmured.

"Please," he begged. "Pretty please."

"Have I ever told yer how annoying yer are?" I groaned, shifting to sit up in bed. Sam had a Cheshire grin plastered across his face as he sat up beside me, the duvet falling from his bare chest.

"All the time," he grinned, pulling me into his lap and pressing a kiss to the corner of my mouth. "Merry Christmas, darlin'."

"Merry Christmas, babe," I smiled softly as I rested my head against his shoulder, blinking my eyes in a feeble attempt to chase away the sleepiness.

The two of us were planning on spending Christmas morning with each other to exchange our gifts before heading off in our separate directions. Sam was spending his day with his mam's side of the family and I was going to spend the day at my aunt's, so we were planning on making the most of our few hours.

"Do we have to get oot of bed?" I huffed, jutting my bottom lip out in an obnoxious pout.

"Course!" Sam laughed loudly, the vibrations travelling through his chest and to me. He was way chipper for the time of the morning. "We've got to see if Santa's been like."

"But it's warm in bed," I mumbled.

"You're being overdramatic now," he snorted as he ran a hand through my hair, coaxing a quiet hum from my lips. "It's not that bloody cold. Ceemon, I'll even make yer a cuppa if ya shift your arse."

"I should hope yer'd make us one anyway," I grumbled, reluctantly pulling myself out of bed and shivering as my bare feet touched the hardwood floor.

"Race yer downstairs," my boyfriend grinned before leaping out of bed and through his bedroom door.

My mouth dropped open in shock. "You're such a fuckin' cheat!" I exclaimed, sprinting after him. He stopped suddenly in the doorway of the living and whirled around, causing me to crash straight into him but a pair of strong arms stopped me from collapsing in a heap on the floor. "Sam."

"I got ya," he smirked down at me. "I'll always catch yer, darlin'."

"What the fuck did yer stop for in the first place?" I scowled.

His eyes flickered upwards, encouraging mine to do the same, melting when I noticed the mistletoe hung on the doorframe.

"Looks like ya've got to kiss us now," he shrugged, the corners of his mouth curling upwards.

I rolled my eyes fondly but rose on my tiptoes to press my lips against his, his hands never leaving my waist where he had caught me. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, pulling him closer to me and slipping my tongue into my mouth. I smiled into the kiss as an idea popped into my head, pulling away from him and slinging him into the hallway so I could make a break into the living room.