Chapter Twenty Two

Sam

I felt sick the entire walk to Rory's house. My heart rate was through the roof and my stomach was doing somersaults. I just hoped that she would forgive me. I knocked on the front door nervously, hoping that it would be my girlfriend that opened the door and not her dad. Not that it mattered, I was just too mentally drained to make niceties with more than one person. Luckily my wishes were granted, Rory swinging the door open. Her eyes landed on me and her face dropped slightly before she plastered a forced smile onto her face.

"Hi," she muttered.

"Hello," I mumbled, shoving my hands into my pockets as I shifted my weight between my feet. "Uh... can I come in?" She nodded reluctantly and stepped to the side to let me in, which I did. I stood awkwardly as I waited for her to direct me either to her room, the kitchen or the living room.

"Let's go upstairs," she suggested quietly, following behind me as I ascended the stairs to her room. She shut her bedroom door behind her, standing awkwardly by it as she waited for me to speak. I stepped toward her, ready to comfort her but she moved backwards, making my heart sink and my shoulders drop. I should've known she would be like this. It wasn't our first rodeo.

"Sorry," I whispered, averting my eyes to the floor.

"What're ya doing here, Sam?" she asked quietly, a deep-seated frown on her face.

"I came to apologise," I told her earnestly. "I'm sorry, Rora. I shouldn't have snapped at you and I should've told you about my grades. I-I just... I was embarrassed to tell ya I'd failed after the shit I put you through. I didn't want you to be disappointed in us."

"That's the worst part," she laughed bitterly. "In what world have I ever given ya the impression that I'd be disappointed in ya? Have I done something to make you think that?"

"No!" I exclaimed with wide eyes. "Of course not. You're the best girlfriend a lad could ask for. I'm just an arsehole."

"That's an understatement," she joked with a small smile.

"Please, forgive me," I pleaded. She let out a loud sigh and her eyes fluttered closed. "Please."

"Come here," she told me, opening her arms for an embrace that I eagerly accepted. I buried my head in her blonde locks, my arms encircling her waist as hers entwined around my neck. "I'm always gan be proud of ya. No matter what."

"Promise?" I asked as she rested her forehead against my chest.

"Promise," she repeated, pressing a kiss to the fabric of my t-shirt.

"You're too good for me, ya know?" I smiled.

"Don't be daft," she scoffed.

"It's true. If we broke up I'd probably be single for the rest of me life," I snorted.

"You are so overdramatic," she laughed. It was like music to my ears.

"I'm not lying. There's no one oot there stupid enough to go oot with us," I grinned.

"Are ya calling us thick?" she frowned, pushing away from me to send me a pout.

"You're seeing me. It's a given," I teased, grasping her cheeks with my thumb and forefinger and mushing them together.

"Piss off," she scowled, batting my hand away.

"Reet, that's it," I warned, grasping her legs and throwing her over my shoulder.

"Sam!" she squealed, sending a flurry of hits to my back. "Put me down!"

"You asked," I told her, hurling her into her bed.

"You're a heathen," she grumbled, giving me the middle finger. I grinned evilly as I crawled over towards her and laid my knees on either side of her hips, resting my weight on the tops of her thighs, careful not to crush her. "Get off me, ya lump."

"Who're ya calling a lump?" I pouted, poking her ribs lightly.

"You, Sammy," she snarled teasingly. She desperately tried to bat my hands away but it was no use.

"Would ya stop calling us that?" I groaned.

"Nope, and there's owt you can do about it," she smirked.

"I'll tell your dad you're smoking," I warned with a raised eyebrow.

"You wouldn't," she gaped in disbelief.

"I bloody will," I told her. "In fact, let's go tell him reet now." I swung my leg over her body to stand up and made a move to leave.

"No! Don't you dare. Sam!" she begged, jolting up behind me and grabbing my hand. "I'll stop calling ya Sammy. Swear."

"Was nice doing business with ya, Scarl," I grinned, using the momentum of her grasping my hand in her own to pull her into me, my arms immediately finding the fabric that clothed her hips.

"Will you stop calling us that?" she asked with a deep frown.

"Nope," I smirked, pressing a light peck on her pouted lips.

"I hate you," she grumbled, rolling her eyes at my childishness.

"I love you, too," I gleamed.