Chapter Seventy Nine

Aurora

"There she is!" Tom cheered as Sam and I joined the group at the booth they had taken residence in.

"Oi, what am I? Chopped liver," Sam grumbled sarcastically over the loud music of the club, his arm not releasing its hold around my waist even as we sat down.

"It's not your birthday, we don't give a toss about you," Dean teased, earning a scowl and a middle finger from my boyfriend.

"Never did," Harlow snorted as she sipped on the vodka lemonade in front of her.

"Who even let yer in?" Sam huffed.

"Joys of a fake ID," she grinned, twirling the plastic card between her fingers.

"Watch it, I might just have a word with one of the bouncers like," he scowled.

"Yer won't do a thing," she taunted.

"Anyway, did yer have a nice birthday, pip?" Tom inquired, moving the attention away from the squabbling pair.

"Aye, it was lush, cheers, Tommy," I smiled.

"Our Sam better have spoiled yer!" Joe laughed from across the table.

"He did, didn't yer, babe?" I beamed, leaning further into his side.

"Uh, yeah, I guess," he flushed as the hand on my hip squeezed tightly.

"Aww, he's gone all red," Jess teased.

"On that note, I'm gan get us some drinks," he announced. He tapped my hip, gesturing for me to let him out. I stood from the booth, allowing him to pass behind me and sat back down, scooting up to Drew.

"Alreet, lass?" he grinned.

"Mmm," I hummed with a wide smile, resting my head on his shoulder. "How's it gan?"

"Have yer already had a drink?" he laughed. "You're awful giddy."

"I'm just happy," I gushed.

"How many yer had?" he snorted as he slung his arm around my shoulder, his opposite hand reaching for the rum and coke in front of him.

My face contorted into a frown as I thought back to my 'pres' whilst I got ready. "Hmm, only like two," I admitted.

"Two what? Bottles of vodka?" he teased.

"Vodka lemonades," I scoffed, nudging his side playfully.

"Gone straight to your head has it?" he chuckled. "Birthday girl can't handle it."

"Yer wanna say nowt about handling your drink, Michael," Dean joked. "Or need I remind yer about New Years?"

"Let's not talk about that," he grimaced, hiding in his drink.

"Pipe down, Deano. I still remember Heather's house party," I snorted.

"Alreet, alreet, yer can shut up now," Dean muttered in embarrassment.

"Hang on, I think I need to hear this story," Joe laughed.

"And me!" Drew agreed.

"Rory, you dare!" Dean protested loudly, sending me a warning glare across the table.

"Sorry, lads. Maybe that's a story for another time," I told them.

"Wait, what happened at Heather's party? Other than Sam being sick all over yer," Harlow teased as the boy in question set a tray down on the table with our drinks and an assortment of shots.

"Can we stop bringing that up? It was three years ago!" Sam groaned. His face held a scowl as he sat down beside me, quickly knocking back one of the shots of ambiguous liquid.