Chapter One Hundred and Sixty Two

Daily Mail

Sam Fender and Rory Nightingale: Childhood Sweethearts Reunited?

Sam Fender and Rory Nightingale have a complicated past, having met back in 2008 when they were just fourteen and thirteen respectively. The pair dated on and off from 2009 until 2015 when they called it quits for good and relinquished all contact until 2019. It is unclear when exactly the two made up but Nightingale followed Fender back on Instagram around July of that year, which was around the time of Fender's rumoured relationship with influencer, Sophie Miller.

 It is unclear when exactly the two made up but Nightingale followed Fender back on Instagram around July of that year, which was around the time of Fender's rumoured relationship with influencer, Sophie Miller

The popstar was seen getting intimate with her ex-beau on a yacht in Ibiza after sparking a number of dating allegations since the two rekindled their friendship. Fans noticed that Nightingale was at Reading after being spotted in the back of a picture posted to one of the pair's friends, Heidi Curtis' Instagram wearing Fender's denim jacket. It was at that performance that Fender debuted his song Get You Down, which he revealed at the time was about how he 'let his insecurities tear his relationships apart'.

Seventeen Going Under, Fender's second album hit number one soon after it was released with Nightingale presenting him with the accolade. Fans were convinced the pair were dating after Fender shared the video on his Instagram but what sparked more rumours was Fender's dedications section of his second album.

He wrote, 'Aurora Nightingale, my best friend in this whole world, I could not have done any of this without you. Thank you for encouraging me and believing in me when no one else would, for being my fierce defender and for dragging me home from the Low Lights every night when I was going through rough times. I probably wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for you. Thank you for sticking by me when I was ill and all those nights spent sleeping in uncomfortable hospital chairs so I wouldn't be alone. For not giving up on me when I was ready to die and helping me fight the battles I couldn't. I'm so grateful that you gave me another chance to prove how much you mean to me, it's one that I've vowed never to screw up again. These past twelve years have been one hell of a rollercoaster but, Scarlett, I wouldn't change a thing. I couldn't love you more.'

Fender attended Nightingale's Newcastle show back in November, which was followed by a heartfelt post of how proud he was of his best friend. He claimed the popstar had come a long way since she would 'nick his guitar to write songs'.

The pair were fairly quiet over the Christmas period but fed their fans a great deal of content between the 2021 BRIT awards and the NMEs. Fender couldn't help but gush over his rumoured girlfriend, who he referred to at the time as his 'best mate', even revealing that he was the one who taught her how to play the guitar in his BRITs interview with NME, which Nightingale crashed, much to the delight of fans on Twitter. Fender seemed in awe of her, telling her she looked 'stunning' and calling her 'darling'.