Chapter One Hundred and Three

Aurora

I checked my phone for was felt like the hundredth time. Well wishes and congratulatory messages from my friends and family, even some people in the industry that I admired had flooded my messages. It was painfully evident who's was missing. I knew I shouldn't care. We hadn't talked for well over a year. I didn't even know what was going on in his life anymore, a stark contrast to how things used to be, yet the only information I had was what little I could squeeze out of my friends, who were reluctant to share even the footnotes of his life.

Though I couldn't bring myself to care that Lewis Capaldi had said my album was amazing and that Taylor Swift had replied to my tweet. No, all I cared about was that the subject of my entire album hadn't congratulated me on the fact. It was stupid, I know.

I pushed my thoughts aside with a deflated sigh. It was no use getting my hopes up. It wasn't going to happen.

But I couldn't help the way my heart skipped a beat when my phone pinged, alerting me that I had gotten a message.

I was disappointed to find that it was Lewis Capaldi having DM'd me on Instagram. I know, imagine ever saying that.

Instagram

Hi Rory! Hope this isn't weird but I wanted to congratulate you on the album. It's a fucking belter, I can't believe you wrote the entire thing yourself x

Hi Lewis :) thank you for the kind words, I'm such a fan of your music so it's a bit surreal for you to say that x

I can't believe you like MY music, it's fucking shite😂

Don't be so daft, it's class!

As if. Listen, I'm gonna be in London next month until Christmas and I'd love to hang out? Maybe we could do a song together or something

That would be class! You'll be in for a shock when you meet us mind🤣 I hope you know you're never gonna be able to get rid of us like

I think it's you that's going to be in for a shock... works out better for me anyway, I can use you for clout :)

Lol, can't wait😂 let me know when you come down!

Will do!!

Aurora

With a big smile plastered across my face, I opened up my contact list and dialled Harlow's number.

"Hiya, pet," she answered with a hint of something in her voice that I couldn't quite put my finger on.

"Guess what?" I grinned like a mad woman.

"Hello to yer an' all," she laughed lightly. "What?"

"Lewis Capaldi just DM'd me!" I told her excitedly.

"Nee way," she gasped. "That's class!"

"I know!" I squealed. "He said the album's a belter and that he wants to do sommat when he comes down to London, maybe even do a collab. How fuckin' mad is that?" 

"I'm so happy for you, love," she admitted, a smile ghosting her words. "Yer deserve it. He definitely wasn't wrong, the album's amazing."

"Aye, well, 'nough about me," I shrugged. "Y'alreet? How's Dean? What are yous doing? Anything exciting?"

"Slow down, Rora," she giggled. "I'm reet, Dean's reet. We've popped down to the Low Lights for a few."

"Have I interrupted yer?" I frowned. "I shoulda texted ya, sorry."