Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Two

Aurora

"Happy birthday, pet," I grinned, greeting Jess with a tight hug and passing her the gift bag in my hand. She had invited the group over to her and Tom's house they had moved into around two months ago now for celebratory drinks. Everyone was going to be there. Jess and Tom, obviously, Dean and Harlow, Drew, Joe, Tom and Sam. I wasn't sure if he would be bringing Sophie. I hadn't asked.

"Cheers, Rora," she beamed, squeezing me tightly before pulling away and dragging me into the living room where everyone already was. Sophie too, who was curled up under Sam's arm. I was the last to show by the looks of things.

"Rory!" Joe exclaimed excitedly like the child he was and tackled me in a hug.

"Hiya, Joey," I laughed as I wrapped my arms around his waist. "God, don't the rest of yous look excited to see me."

"I'm sick of seeing yer now, Pip," Tom grinned as I pulled away from Joe's embrace. I rolled my eyes with a fond smile ghosting my lips and decided to throw myself down on top of him, eliciting a loud groan from him. "Jesus, Rory."

"I just wanted to give yer a cuddle!" I replied innocently as I let my arms wrap around his shoulders and placed a sloppy kiss on his cheek.

"Urgh! You're rank!" he gagged, immediately rubbing at his face with the sleeve of his jumper. "Gan bug Dean!"

"I don't want her," Dean teased, earning a middle finger from me.

"Shoulda let Josh and Connor beat yer up that day," I grumbled jokingly, referring to the day that I met both Sam and Dean.

"Charming like!" he gaped.

"Gan get us a drink, would yer?" I asked with a sickly sweet grin.

"Gan get it yourself, lazy cunt!" he protested.

"I'll gan get yer one, Rora," Drew interjected, shaking his head at Dean's behaviour. "Amstel?"

"Please," I smiled. "See and this is why Drew's my favourite!"

"Drew's my favourite," Tom mimicked as he shoved me from his lap, sending me crashing onto the floor.

"Tom!" I shrieked, mouth hung open in shock as I rubbed my arse to numb the pain. I stared up at him from my heap on the floor for a couple of seconds before the two of us burst into laughter.

Sam

I let a smile tug at the corners of my lips at the interaction, feeling as though I had been transported back to 2010 back when everything was a lot simpler. Back when my biggest worry was passing my GCSE exams, not that they had done me any use in life. Back when I could still call Rory mine.

"Are they always like this?" Sophie asked in distaste, quiet enough so I was the only one to hear her words.

"Yeah," I muttered. "It's a bit of fun, Soph. Lighten up a bit."

"Sorry," she mumbled, resting a hand on my upper thigh and squeezing the soft flesh.

"It's alreet," I assured her softly as I removed her grip, replacing it with my hand so she wouldn't protest. I could feel Harlow's gaze on me from across the room, cold and judging. It only solidified my feeling of being back in the past.

Harlow and I's relationship had always been a complicated one. We argued like cat and dog and shared a mutual dislike of each other but when Rory walked out of my life for good, things changed. Of course, it took a while for Harlow to forgive me but with the promise to her best friend that she would look after me, we had become that brother and sister duo that had grown up to find that the other wasn't as hateable as they thought.