Chapter One Hundred and Twelve

Aurora

"Rory! Rory! This way! Rory! Over here!"

With my widest smile plastered on my face, I posed for the camera, desperately trying to keep my eyes open despite the bright lights and constant flashing. And as I was led down the red carpet by one of the event workers, I allowed myself the time to blink, trying to adjust my sight that was filled with shadows left by the flashes. I should have been used to it by now. I had been in the industry for coming up to three years and had attended a multitude of events and photography sessions that should have gotten me used to the fact but I wasn't. Because deep down, I would always be a fifteen-year-old lass from Shields, who liked to spend her weekends down her local, certainly not at something so prestigious as the BRIT awards.

"Hello!" one of the many interviewers greeted me as I was guided towards her.

"Hiya," I smiled. "How are yer?"

"I'm good, thank you and you?" she asked.

"Aye, I'm alreet like," I replied. "Can I just say? Yer look absolutely stunning tonight."

"Aw, thank you," she blushed. "Nothing on you though. Wow, look at this dress! It's breathtaking!"

"Cheers," I laughed lightly.

"So, Rory," she began. "You're up for two awards tonight?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "I canna quite believe it like."

"Well, I'm certain that you'll be going home with two BRIT awards tonight," she told me. "What's the plan if you do win?"

"Whether I win both awards or go home with fuck all, I'm gan oot on the lash," I snorted lightly. "I'm gan show Lewis and Niall a proper Geordie night out."

"Sounds like one hell of a night," the interviewer grinned.

"It's gan be a nightmare, I know it is already," I chuckled. "I'll be trying really hard not to embarrass myself like."

"I'm sure you'll be fine," she giggled. "What are your plans for this year? Is there anything big coming up?"

"To be completely honest, I'm not quite sure what's in store for 2019. It's been a few years since I released my first album like," I shrugged.

"Are we getting album two?" she gasped.

"Of course! It's just a matter of when," I smiled. "I haven't stopped writing since I released Drop Dead and there's quite a few songs that have the potential for album two but I'm not quite there yet, so whether the album comes this year or next, you'll just have to wait and see because I don't know yet."

"An honest answer, I like it," she commented. "And is there anyone here tonight that you were hoping to meet?"

"Jorja Smith," I replied quickly. "She's so talented and I'm such a big fan of hers."

"Maybe you'll get to meet her tonight," she grinned. I nodded with a wide smile. "Well, Rory, I wish you all the luck tonight."

"Thank you," I told her as I wished her goodbye before I was led off to do another interview.

My feet were in so much pain by the time I was done, agonised by the uncomfortable heels I had been forced to wear and had been seated at my table for the night. I had seen Lewis on my way in and greeted him quickly but he was seated at a different table. Luckily though, I had Niall on my table, otherwise, I probably would have had a breakdown that I didn't know anyone. Well, I say that, I had Helen with me too but you know what I mean.

"Nervous?" Niall asked with an ever-present smile as the ceremony began, introduced by Jack Whitehall.

"Eh," I shrugged. "A little bit. I don't care if I don't win like."