Chapter One Hundred and Seventy Seven

Aurora

Bed rest was killing me. It was a slow and boring death and I wanted nothing more than for my boyfriend to be home but he was still touring. His North American tour had faded into the dregs of festival season and two weeks had slowly turned into a month.

My friends and family had taken turns staying with me. I felt like a pity case but Sam was eager to keep reminding me that I was doing what was best for the baby. It helped. Well, kind of. It did mitigate my anxieties slightly but I was tired of not being able to do anything for myself.

Rosalie told me that I didn't need to be chained to my bed and that I should make sure I move around for small periods of the day but those that stayed with me were overly cautious and hated me lifting a finger. It was why I was glad when Lewis came to visit. It was such a relief to break up the monotony of everything.

"Move over, ya lazy bastard," Lewis grumbled as he burst into mine and Sam's room and threw himself on our bed, careful not to crush me.

"Rude," I scoffed, shoving his shoulder lightly.

"How's Lewis Junior?" he asked with a grin, propping himself up on his elbow.

"How many times have I got to tell ya? I'm not naming my baby after yer," I huffed.

"You're such a liar," he smirked.

"Can yer imagine Sam's reaction?" I laughed.

"Exactly! You'd love to piss him off, so just do it," he grinned.

I snorted lightly, "As much as I'd love to piss him off, we've already got a name."

"Have ya actually?" he demanded. I nodded. "Well, go on then. Tell me."

"I'm not telling yer, you're gan have to wait like the rest of 'em," I giggled.

"Urgh! And how long's that gonna be?" he grumbled.

"Well, I'm six months pregnant, so do the math," I teased.

"Six months?!" he gaped, nose scrunching upwards in disbelief as he gave my body a glance over. "Yer don't look six months pregnant."

"My midwife says it's 'cause of my condition," I explained. "He's on the smaller side, so I'm not so big. Which is great for my back, not so great for my anxiety."

"It can't be easy," he commented sympathetically as he rubbed my arm in reassurance. "Especially with Sam being away... I bet he's on edge."

"It's hard," I admitted with a loud sigh. "He calls me three times a day to make sure I'm alreet, that I've taken my tablets and that someone's with us. His anxiety is really bad."

"He'll be back soon," he told me softly.

"Two more weeks," I mumbled. "But then he's got to leave again... it's never-ending."

"It'll all be worth it," he smiled.

As much as I loved my friends and family, having Lewis visit was one of the highlights of Sam's absence. I was allowed to be normal rather than being treated like a fragile piece of glass. We spent some time writing, which was nice. It was something I felt like I hadn't done for ages, having been caught up with the whirlwind of my pregnancy, so falling back into the creative flow of making music was a welcome change.

Sam had been calling me several times a day to check up on me, which was exhausting but I bared it for him. I knew being away was hard for him and if that meant him inundating me with calls to quell his anxieties then it was something I was more than happy to deal with.