Chapter Ninety Four

Aurora

"I'll get the next round," I announced as I rose from my seat next to Sam.

"Yer need any help, Scarl?" my boyfriend asked as he fiddled with the necklace around his neck. It was the one I had gotten him for his birthday last month and he hadn't parted ways with it since. I wasn't complaining, he looked good wearing it.

"I'm alreet, thanks, babe," I smiled, dipping down to press my lips to his in a short kiss.

"That's enough of that!" Tom scolded teasingly.

"Pipe down, Curtis," Sam snorted as he flipped his middle finger at the boy opposite him.

"Oi, Pip, tell him!" he whined.

"Now, now, kids," I joked with a roll of my eyes, a fond smile plastered across my face. The two boys continued their bickering, Dean joining in as I strode up to the bar.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing in a pub like this?"

I jumped as a tall slender man appeared next to me and subconsciously shuffled away. "I'm here with my boyfriend," I told him with a polite smile, hoping he would take a hint. He didn't.

"I don't see him," he grinned as he closed the space between us, his side brushing against mine, making me recoil in disgust. "I wouldn't leave your side if you were my girlfriend." I shuddered internally, a grimace plastered across my face as I watched his eyes wander, suddenly regretting the low-cut top I had chosen to wear that night.

"Well, I'm not," I spoke through gritted teeth, quickly losing my patience with him. I was utterly lost with where to go as I was practically pressed up against the side of the wall. I was hoping that John would hurry up with the drinks or one of the boys would notice and come to my rescue, desperately trying to make eye contact with one of them but none of them seemed to pay me any mind. I recoiled as he reached out and placed his hand on my back and leaned into me. "Do yer mind?"

"Not at all," he said.

"Aye, man. Why don't ya take your fuckin' hands off me girl before I knock your fuckin' teeth oot."

Relief filled me at the sound of my boyfriend's voice but I remained tense at the anger in his tone. I knew this wasn't going to end well. Deja vu washed over me without consent as I pleaded with my mind internally not to send me into a spiral. I watched with a knot in my stomach as Sam pushed the creep backwards in warning, giving me the space I so much desired.

"Sam," I mumbled, touching his arm lightly in an attempt to alleviate some of his anger but it was futile. There was no getting through to him when he got like this. Sometimes all I could do is sit back and watch as he threw himself into yet another fight.

The creep let out a snort. "Your girl didn't seem to be complaining," he taunted, stepping closer to Sam, clearly wanting to provoke him.

I frowned as Sam shook my arm off and squared up to the man in front of him. "I'll fuckin' kill ya," he growled, swinging a fist to his face. A shriek escaped my mouth as I brought my hand up to catch the distressed sounds. I could only watch as the two began throwing punches, frozen in shock.

"Sam!" I yelled as I snapped from my reverie by the sickening crunch of what I assumed were bones breaking. My stomach churned as I desperately tried to swallow the bile that threatened to scale my oesophagus.

Relief washed over me as the two were pulled apart by a nearby group of middle-aged men, gasping as I noticed the blood gushing from Sam's nose. Unwarranted memories flashed in my mind of the night Dean had punched Sam but I quickly shook them away.