Chapter Ninety

DISCLAIMER: This is PURELY FICTION and does NOT reflect my views of Sam at all

TRIGGER WARNING: TALK OF SUICIDE AND POSSIBLE DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

Aurora

The dust was finally settling for Sam and I was thankful he was finally able to get some normality back. The past year had been a struggle for both of us, between the loss of Tyler back in January and Sam's health struggles. Our relationship had persevered through a lot with Sam's battle with his health and in all honesty, I was surprised it was still intact. I had never doubted we would last more than over the past nine months, which wasn't something I thought I would ever say. On the one hand, we struggled because of Sam's physical and in turn, mental health but if it wasn't for his condition, I honestly don't think I would have stayed. It was an oxymoron at its finest but we survived, celebrating our fifth anniversary back in December.

I had been travelling down to London throughout January to record my debut single. I had been working on it for quite a few months but with Sam struggling with his health, I was reluctant to leave Shields, especially with him almost succumbing to what should have been a mild chest infection. I was lucky that my label and Helen were understanding once I explained the situation to them but it was full steam ahead now.

We were looking at the song being released in February and I was so excited. I started writing it way back when I had first signed with my label but I hadn't gotten around to writing the music before Sam's health took a turn, so the time in the studio definitely helped. I had yet to play it for him and I was excited, to say the least.

"Are yer ready?" I asked with a nervous smile, clutching Sam's guitar firmly in my grasp. I still didn't have one of my own, so I would either steal Sam's or I would make do with whatever was at the studio.

"As ever," he beamed, leaning backwards on his mattress, held up by the palms of his hands sprawled out behind him.

"Reet," I muttered as I have the strings a tentative strum to find the right key. "There we go. Er, here goes nothing.

"You know just what to say, things that scare me, I should just walk away, but I can't move my feet. The more that I know you, the more that I want to, something inside me's changed, I was so much younger yesterday.

"I didn't know that I was starving till I tasted you. Don't need no butterflies when you give me the whole damn zoo. By the way, right away, you do things to my body, I didn't know that I was starving till I tasted you. By the way, right away, you do things to my body, I didn't know that I was starving till I tasted you.

"You know just how to make my heart beat faster. Emotional earthquake, bring on disaster. You hit me head on, got me weak in my knees. Yeah, something inside me's changed, I was so much younger yesterday. So much younger yesterday.

"I didn't know that I was starving till I tasted you. Don't need no butterflies when you give me the whole damn zoo. By the way, right away, you do things to my body, I didn't know that I was starving till I tasted you. By the way, right away, you do things to my body, I didn't know that I was starving till I tasted you. You you, yeah till I tasted you. By the way, by the way, you do things to my body, I didn't know that I was starving till I tasted you. I didn't know till I tasted you. The more that I know you, the more that I want to. Something inside me's changed, I was so much younger yesterday."

"Wow," Sam gaped as the song came to a close, his hands clapping together loudly as he burst forward. "Scarl, that's class!"

My face burned brightly at the compliment, shying away from his praise. "Er, it's about you. Obviously," I blurted, only serving to embarrass myself even more.