Chapter Fifty

Aurora

"And what are ya meant to be?" I asked, squinting as my eyes ran over my boyfriend, studying his attire. One of Jess' friends was having a Halloween party and had invited us all.

"A vampire, ini?" He shrugged as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, pulling a set of fake teeth out of his back pocket and shoving them in his mouth. "See."

"Poor effort, Fender," Harlow taunted.

"You've literally just covered yourself in fake blood and ripped a school top up!" Sam scoffed, his words muffled by the toy teeth.

"Babe, ya've not got a leg to stand on here," I teased, pulling him to sit next to me and wrenching the plastic from his mouth gently, Joe and Drew snorting at their friend's expense as they sat down.

"What're ya trying to say?" he scoffed, folding his arms across his chest with a pout.

"You're not fooling anyone," I laughed.

"We all know ya bought them about two hours ago and if ya didn't, shame on ya," Harlow cackled.

"Alreet like," he whined.

"What are yous arguing about now?" Jess snorted, leaning over the back of the sofa we were sitting on.

"Just telling Sam how shite his costume is," Harlow grinned.

"Aye, what are ya meant to be, Sam?" she frowned.

"A vampire!" he exclaimed in exasperation, pulling the fake, plastic teeth from my hand.

"Alreet, no need to shout," she muttered.

"I'm gan home," he told me with a huff.

"Ah, grow up," I giggled, elbowing him softly in the side.

"There yous are," Harlow commented as her gaze focussed on Tom and Dean.

"When did yous all get here?" Dean asked with a frown as he surveyed the now full group of people.

"Just now," Drew replied.

Dean nodded, doing a double take when Sam caught his eyes. "Mate, ya know you were meant to dress up, reet?"

"Fuck off," Sam grumbled, sending the rest of the group into a fit of laughter.

"He's a vampire," Harlow told her boyfriend as he sat beside her, curling into his side when he wrapped his arm around her.

"Shite vampire if ya ask us," Tom teased, earning the middle finger from his mate.

"Aw, c'mon now, stop teasing him," I grinned. "Definitely the cutest vampire I've ever seen."

"I'm gan get a fuckin' drink," my boyfriend huffed, ignoring me as he pushed himself up from the sofa.

"Grab me another one, will ya?" I asked with a cheesy smile. Sam rolled his eyes but I could see the small smile tugging at his lips. He knew our teasing was in jest. Well, maybe not Harlow's but that was a different story. Jess nabbed Sam's seat as soon as he was out of sight, only to be removed by Tom, who quickly repositioned her on his lap.

"Really?" she grumbled sarcastically, although her wrapping her arm around his shoulders disproved her annoyance.

"Aye, I'd like to sit down an' all," he told her before turning to me. "Y'alreet, pipsqueak? You're looking a lil' pale."

"Cheers, Tom," I scoffed, my jaw dropping slightly.

"It is almost winter and we live in the northeast of England, babe," Jess pointed out.