Chapter Fifteen

Aurora

"Explain right now, why I found out that my two best friends dating through Jenny Richards," I huffed as I threw myself on the sofa beside Sam with a bottle of water in my hand. Sam's 'ex' had approached Sam and me at school to convey her surprise that Dean and Harlow were dating, much to my distaste. I immediately sent the two a message to meet at mine after school. My dad was at work for the next couple of hours and so we had a few hours of privacy.

"It's not my fault she saw us kissing!" Harlow retorted from her seat on the opposite sofa next to Dean. They looked like a pair of children that had been caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

"Ya didn't even tell us yous were gan on a date," I pouted, a deep frown engrained on my face.

"We didn't wanna get your hopes up in case it didn't work out," Dean mumbled, avoiding my gaze.

"We didn't want to make it awkward," Harlow agreed. I sat in silence, deliberating their words for several moments, not removing my gaze from the two of them. Secretly, I was elated for the two of them, but I wanted to watch them squirm for a little while.

"No more secrets," I warned the two, a look of seriousness in my eyes.

"Course," they spoke in unison, nodding furiously in agreement. A wide smile broke out across my face as I let out a loud squeal, bouncing on the sofa.

"I'm so happy for you!" I exclaimed. Dean let out a breath of relief and shook his head with a fond smile.

"Have I told ya how much I hate ya?" he scoffed.

"Liar," I snorted. "Ooh, we should go on a double date!"

"We basically already do!" Harlow huffed.

"That's what I said!" Dean grunted.

"Nice to know our friends like spending time with us," Sam retorted sarcastically.

"I like spending time with Rory," Harlow laughed, resting her head on Dean's shoulder. They were actually really cute together.

"Thanks, Harls," he muttered with a pout, folding his arms across his chest. "Ya know, I liked us better when we were a trio."

"Ditto," she smiled sarcastically.

"Rory, tell your friend to stop bullying me," he pouted.

"Oh, grow up, babe," I snorted.

"Wow," he spoke with raised eyebrows, "Me own girlfriend turning on me. I'll remember that when ya wanna cuddle later."

"You'll cave before I do," I told him with a fond smile as he shook his head in disagreement. I pouted my lips, knowing that he wouldn't be able to resist as he didn't usually think twice about kissing me. I grinned as he pressed his lips against mine in a brief kiss and let out a triumphant 'hmph'.

"Fuck's sake," he grumbled, earning laughter from the newly formed couple on the opposite sofa.

"Come here," I grinned, opening my arms for him. He stared at them for a moment, clearly debating whether to or not but eventually decided to nestle himself in them. I enclosed my arms around his large frame and kissed the crown of his head when he rested it against my chest.

"Is this what we're gan be like?" Harlow asked Dean with a look of cringe on her face.

"Nah, no one's as bad as them two," Dean snorted, lifting his arm around the brunette and pulling her into his side. "I just feel sorry for Tom when he has to third wheel now."

"Surely it's fifth wheeling at that point," I joked with a loud laugh, running my fingers through Sam's hair and earning a quiet hum of approval.

"Poor lad," Sam commented with not one bit of sympathy. "Oh, well."

"Maybe it's time to get him a girlfriend," I suggested.

"Yeah, 'cause I bet that would go down well with him," he retorted.

"We just won't tell him. Set him up like," I grinned.

"Leave the poor lad alone, Rory," Harlow laughed with a shake of her head.

"You lot are no fun," I pouted.

Sam

Rory and I were spending some time together at her house whilst Dean and Harlow were out on a date. It was nearing March now and the two seemed to be going really well as were Rory and I. "Sam, have ya seen my milky buttons?" Rory asked as she pulled apart the cushions to search for her chocolate. Oops.

"Uh, they were yours?" I questioned nervously.

"What do you mean 'they were yours'? Who else's were they gan be?" she huffed, pausing her actions to fix me with a death glare. "Ya ate my chocolate?"

"I'm sorry," I mumbled with a sheepish smile.

"I can't believe ya!" she fumed, slapping my arm.

"Ow! Alreet, I'm sorry! I'll pop to the shops and get ya more," I whined in an attempt to calm her down. She let out a loud 'hmph' as I pulled my shoes on, pressing a quick kiss to her lips before I left. "Ya look proper cute when you're angry, ya know. Ya go all red. Like a fire extinguisher."

"Shut up," she scowled, shoving me lightly towards the front door.

"What about Scarlett?" I asked gleefully.

"What? Who's Scarlett?" she frowned, the confusion evident on her face.

"No, your nickname," I grinned, turning and leaning against the doorway. "It's quite clever if ya think about it. You've got one hell of a temper, it's perfect!"

"Sam, go and get my chocolate before I kick you," she sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose to contain her annoyance.

"Alreet, Scarlett," I teased, making a break for it before she could hit me.