Chapter One Hundred and Fifty Two

Sam

"I'm actually proper nervous like," I admitted to Tom, who was sitting across the table from me. "Not that it matters but how class would it be to get another number one album?"

Tom's eyes flickered towards the door for what felt like the fifteenth time in the last ten minutes before sending me a small smile. "Aye, that'd be lush," he agreed. "Yer need to stop stressing yourself oot about it now though. What's done is done."

"I know," I muttered, finishing the last of my tea and placing the ceramic back down on the table with a loud clatter. Tom's phone buzzed loudly, urging him to pick it up. He bit down a smirk, which would have been unnoticeable had I not seen the corners of his lips twitch upwards. "Jess sending yer dirty texts again? Yous are insatiable, aye."

The older man rolled his eyes at me, tapping away on the screen as he replied to the message before discarding the phone on the tablecloth. "Rory, actually," he admitted.

My ears rang upon hearing my girlfriend's name, perking up slightly at the mention. There was no point trying to hide it anymore, all my friends knew how bad I had it for her. As long as they had no suspicions about our relationship, I didn't care for the accusations they threw around.

"Yeah?" I asked curiously. "What she want?"

"Wouldn't yer like to know," Tom smirked, resting his chin in the palm of his hand as his eyes watched me, glimmering with amusement.

"Aye, I would actually," I admitted with a half-arsed shrug. "Considering she's ignoring my texts like."

"Ooh, what yer done now, Fender?" he cackled.

My mouth dropped open in protest. "Nowt!" I huffed.

"Not the secret message in your dedications was it?" he grinned.

"No," I scowled. "I'll have yer know, she very much appreciated that, thank you very much."

"I'm messing with yer, mate," he snorted. "She's oot in town that's all, I asked her pick up some stuff for us."

"Oh."

"Ya've got it really bad," he sighed. "Just ask her oot already."

"I'm not having this conversation again," I huffed in annoyance. Although keeping our relationship under wraps was what was best for me and Rory at the moment, it was irritating having all our friends telling us we needed to wise up and get back together. Sometimes, all I wanted to do was scream that we had but I bit my tongue.

"Reet," he snickered. My suspicion peaked when Tom picked up his phone once more, eyes flitting to the entrance behind me. I didn't have the chance to verbalise them though, the sound of my girlfriend's voice reverberating around the room.

"Did someone order the number one album?"

My heart skipped a beat as my head whipped in the direction of the velvet voice that sounded like music to my ears. Rory approached me, tailed by Owain and Daisy, who was one of my PR managers, with their phones out and recording. She looked absolutely gorgeous dressed in a neon green cropped turtleneck and a pair of loose-fitting denim jeans, hair falling down her back and a proud smile tattoed on her lips, clutching a number one statue in her grasp.

"What the fuck?" I gaped, standing from my chair and meeting my girlfriend halfway, easily wrapping her in a tight hug.

"Congratulations, love," she whispered in my ear. My mouth was hanging as we pulled away, raising a hand to cover it in shock as Rory forced the award into my free hand.

"What the fuck?" I repeated. My eyes flickered between the statue in my hand and my girlfriend, whose smile remained unflinching. "Is this real?"

"Completely," she grinned, reaching out to squeeze my arm assuringly. "Seventeen Going Under is number one."

"Oh my god," I murmured, pulling the smaller girl into a second hug. I didn't care that the eyes of Tom's, Owain's and Daisy's cameras were watching us as I buried my face in her hair.

"Ant and Dec were a bit busy," she joked as she reciprocated the hug.

"Who cares? My album's number one!" I grinned as we parted, waving the number one statue in the view of Owain's camera with a chuffed smile.

"Gan on, let's have a photo then," Tom snorted. The smile never dropped from my face as we posed for a photo, Rory tucked under my arm whilst my free hand held on tightly to the plaque. "Lush."

Instagram

Liked by lewiscapaldi, heidi

Liked by lewiscapaldi, heidi._.curtis and 127,963 others

sam_fender We did it !! Number 1 album presented by one of my favourite people in the world!! The best surprise! Thank you to the best fans ever, see you at the arenas you absolute beauties😆🤍

Tagged: rorynightingale

View all 1,593 comments

username1 This is the cutest fucking thing I've ever seen🥹

rorynightingale One of??🤨
|
sam_fender I said what I said
|
tomcurrtis Sorry Pip, he just loves me more😌
|
heidi._.curtis NO ONE likes you
|
rorynightingale And here comes my favourite person in the world😌
|
heidi._.curtis What do u think, Rora, shall we get the Princess-gate photos out?
|
rorynightingale YES
|
sam_fender DON'T YOU DARE
|
username2 What's Princess-gate?😂

username3 I need someone to look at me the way Sam looks at Rory !!
|
username4 Same girl😩

username5 Congratulations Sam!!

lewiscapaldi Congrats mate!
|
sam_fender Cheers pal x

username6 I was ready to fight someone if he didn't get number one😒

username7 Rory giving him his number one plaque is the sweetest😭😭

username8 Sam Fender looks at Rory Nightingale like she's the only person in the entire world and ya'll have got the nerve to tell me they ain't dating??

username9 The way he hugs her🥲