(20)

Zhao Xu had tolerated for many years, and this careful layout finally successfully ambushed Yu Shangjun halfway and killed him. Under the banner of crusade against the rebels, he rushed to the royal city with the soldiers of King Yiyang and some other forces gathered together.

He thought that victory was imminent, and there was only one war left before he regained the throne. However, he never expected that the middle-aged scribes who had betrayed him discovered his conspiracy, assisted Yu Shangjun's son in hurriedly succeeding to the throne, and urgently dispatched troops to defend the city. The walls of the king's city are so thick that if they can't be defended, they will never be able to break through within a period of time.

Zhao Xu originally wanted to attack it. Who knew that the opponent reacted so quickly and planned to fail in an instant. Not only that, the mobilized foreign reinforcements also came unexpectedly fast. After Zhao Xu led the army into the encirclement, the city gate opened and the city was inside. The defenders cooperated with the reinforcements to block them in the encirclement. If it weren't for Zhao Xu to flee quickly after seeing the bad situation, it is estimated that he would only end up being hacked to death at the gate of the city like most soldiers.

Zhao Xu has won battles. He is indeed capable, but he always loses in the most critical battles, time after time, and almost all of it can be attributed to his bad luck. Even the subordinates who had been following him before had to mumble. Other people are like this, Zhao Xu, the client is naturally more aggrieved, but what can he do?

"Now... what should we do?" A group of remnants looked at each other quietly, and looked at Zhao Xu, who was covered in blood.

Zhao Xu's face was uncertain, and he said in a deep voice, "Go back to Yiyang."

"But..." His deputy hesitated: "Can King Yiyang still support you as before? And this desperate bet has completely exposed us. It is estimated that a large army will go to Yiyang to fight."

Zhao Xu smiled coldly, "Go!"

When he returned to Yiyang, King Yiyang had already heard about his failure, and was disappointed and afraid in his heart. For fear of being encumbered by him, he really changed his previous support, turned his back on his face, and tried to get his guard to kill him.

"At this point, I still want to clear up the relationship with me. Don't you think it's too late." Zhao Xu is cruel and has time to make arrangements. In the past few years, he has secretly controlled many people in the Yiyang Palace. Now he and the Yiyang King have turned their faces. He did not hesitate to kill King Yiyang and took possession of King Yiyang.

"Wang, Madam..." The subordinates cleaned up the Yiyang Palace and found the daughter of the Yiyang King who had been in hiding. To this woman who had been married to him for several years, Zhao Xu's reaction was to simply give the order, "Kill." Leave it alone, maybe it will ruin his business.

After he solved all the hidden dangers, he closed the gate of Yiyang and made a posture of preparing to defend the city, but secretly, with a group of henchmen, pretending to be a businessman, he secretly left the city before closing the gate. , To the direction of the grassland.

His confidants did not understand why he suddenly wanted to go to the grassland at this time, and they secretly wondered if he had come to a dead end because of the hard blow, so their minds began to not be clear. Or does he want to change his name and surname, hide in the grasslands farther from Zhao, dormant for a few years to accumulate strength and then come back?

Zhao Xu has indeed reached the end of the world. After several blows, he had to admit in frustration that he lost his luck and was repelled by the world too much. If he wants to succeed, he has to rely on the heroine. Luck.