Chapter 1

The Legend
"Nice, Kid!" Calvin yelled in his head set. Y/n crossed the finish line with ease. "Come on, we need some new racers. These old timers aren't fast enough." Y/n whined as she walked up to her trailer.

"Well, this is the end of the season. Maybe next year they'll get some good ones." Calvin was Y/n's crew coach. He was a tall, kinda a old man, with some gray hairs.

He seemed to be the only person who truly knew Y/n L/n.

"I'm hoping so," Y/n hugged him goodbye and was ready to take the long trip home. "Hey Callahan, right?" He simply shook his head in response to the racer.

"I just wanted to warn you, the paparazzi up here gets terrible." Y/n was already looking up to the crowd of people with flashing lights.

Callahan put his thumb up in the air as acknowledgement. As the flashing lights tried to take pictures of Y/n through the tinted windows, Y/n rolled down her window.

"Y/n, will next season be another one undefeated?" A man yelled, "of course!" Y/n laughed, "Y/n, are you worried about the new racers coming in next season?" A feminine voice yelled at her.

"Why should I be?" Y/n looked around the crowd, but someone in the back caught her eye. He had long pink hair and was just simply watching. Y/n slowly rolled up her window and brushed it off.

Just a shy fan.

Y/n laid her head back, as she took the moment of rest her phone vibrated. Y/n looked down into her lap.

- Calvin :)
Good job today, kid! No slacking off when you get home!

Y/n felt herself smile, she picked up her phone to respond.

- Me
Thanks!! There's no slacking off with you as my coach.. :((

Y/n gave him a sarcastic response and this time let her body rest.