Practicing - 1

Y/n walked into the door, Techno looked back at her from the couch. She had just gotten back from practice with Calvin. Last season just ended, but she's been working harder than ever. She placed her helmet on the counter. She pressed her hands against the counter, she was tired.

Techno walked up behind her, placing his hand on her back. "You're working too hard. You need to give yourself a break." This was the fifth time this week she came home like this. She sighed, "I'm fine."

She got up, walking upstairs and getting in the shower. Techno sighed, calling Calvin. "Hello?" He answered, "hey, Calvin. Got a minute?"

"Uh," Techno could hear him typing on a computer. "Yeah, I have some time. What's up?" He asked, the typing stopped. "It's about Y/n."

"What about her?" Calvin sounded confused, "everyday she comes home from practice she's exhausted, man." Techno was trying to listen upstairs to make sure Y/n wouldn't hear the conversation. "It's called hard work." His comment came off passive aggressive.

"She tired, Calvin." Techno sat on the couch, "are you trying to tell me how to couch my kid?" Calvin got a bit defensive, "no, I'm-" he cut Techno off. "Let's have this conversation face to face."

"That won't be necess—" He hung up on him, Techno rubbed his brow in frustration. Y/n walked back downstairs, her hair was wet and she was wearing a shirt and shorts. She came and sat down next to Techno, laying her head on his arm.

"Are you hungry?" He asked her, "no, I think I'm just going to go to bed in a second." She pulled her phone out. Quickly checking a few apps, she had no notifications from any friends, with that being said she really didn't have any friends of her own. She closed it, looking over to Techno's phone.

He was texting Calvin, "what are you guys talking about?" She asked, "he wants me to come watch your practice tomorrow." He felt Y/n's head leave the side of his arm. He looked at her, she was looking at him. She shook her head, "why not?" He asked, "you'll get mad at Calvin."

"Maybe he should be nicer when I'm there then." Techno said, "don't be mean to him. He's just trying to help me." Techno nodded, "I understand."

****

After Techno finished everything he had to finish he headed to Y/n's practice. Once he stepped onto the field he immediately saw Y/n, she was laying down on the track. Her stomach moved up and down quickly. Techno walked over to her, kneeling. She was dripping with sweat, she covered her eyes to block out the sun. Her racing suit was covered in dirt. She sat up, Techno handed her a water to which she immediately took a drink of. He kissed her messy hair, "Y/n. Break over. Techno go sit in the stands, no need to distract her." Calvin said. Y/n got up, slipping her helmet on. Techno grumbled as he walked to the stands.

*****
"Damn it, Y/n!" Techno shot up from the yelling, he had fell asleep watching Y/n run the countless amount of laps. "This shouldn't take 7 seconds!" Calvin was yelling at her, Techno walked down onto the field. Y/n got out of her car, immediately taking her helmet off. Calvin grabbed it from her since she wasn't listening to him.

"Y/n!" He threw the helmet passed her. "You need to be faster!" He screamed, Y/n held her tongue and nodded her head. "Come on, Calvin. She's the fastest racer ever. She's damn sure faster than you were." Techno crossed his arms, "Techno, stop." Y/n said, going to grab her helmet Calvin threw. "What the hell did you just say?" Calvin got in Techno's face.

"You heard me," Y/n pushed the two back. Standing in between, "come on, guys." Techno furrowed his brow, "Y/n, move." He said, Y/n just stood there crossing her arms. Calvin pushed her to the side, causing her to stumble a bit. He stepped closer to Techno.