Chapter 4

Practicing
Y/n woke up to the ringing of her alarm clock. She hit the stop button and sat up in bed. After taking a few minutes to process life Y/n picked up her phone.

Notification Center
* no new notifications *
Y/n sighed, but then her phone dinged. Y/n quickly picked her phone back up and look at who wanted to talk to her.

- Calvin :)
Try and run a few laps today, maybe on the dirt track? I heard some word that it won't just be turf next year. I'll be over in a few hours, we'll try grass, too.

- Y/n
WHAT!? I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR A CHANGE FOR FOREVER!!

Y/n happily got out of bed and threw some clothing on. Keeping it comfortable, t-shirt with leggings.

Y/n looked into the mirror to fix her hair to work with her helmet. Y/n stopped when she heard a ding, "Calvin?"

Y/n walked back over to her night stand. Looking down to the now turned on phone.

- Technoblade
Morning.

Y/n gave a confused look, "I thought he wanted to beat me?"

- Y/n
I thought you wanted to beat me????

- Technoblade
I will, just trying to have a friend in the racing community.

Y/n froze as she read, 'friend.' "He wants to be friends with me?" Y/n quickly typed back.

- Y/n
Oh, well of course!! But, I would love to talk, but kinda have to go practice. I'm sure you know how coaches are!

Seen

Typing...

Y/n clenched her jaw, hoping she didn't lose her chance to finally not be alone.

- Technoblade
Sounds good, we can hang out later this week or something. Arrange after practice?

Y/n jumped around her room in excitement. "I got a friend~ I got a friend~~" Y/n sung as she swung around.

- Y/n
Sounds good to me! :)

Seen.

Y/n looked up to his profile picture, he was no longer active.

Technoblade Minecraft
active 1m ago

Y/n held a giant smile on her face and kept it there. Even while practicing, all she could think of was finally having someone.