Chapter 8

Y/n woke up to her alarm going off. She groaned, slowly getting up.

5:03 am
- Calvin :)
Hey, there's a 'fake race' tomorrow to help the rookies get used to the other racers. I don't know, they said it's something new they're trying out.

- Y/n
That's new, where is it at?

- Calvin :)
It's in Cali, no need to travel. Racers have to be there at 10am.

- Y/n
I assume Callahan already knows?

- Calvin
I sent him a text.

- Y/n
sounds good :)

Y/n got out of bed, throwing one of her old racing suits on. She lazily pulled her hair back, and walked out of the room.

Techno's door was still closed. When she knocked she could hear something inside. It was his notifications. He got multiple in the span of just a few minutes.

Y/n sighed, walking away. Once downstairs she grabbed a juice and headed out. Once she reached the track she thought about Techno waking up.

- Y/n
hey, if im not in the house im out on the track. it's not far from the back.

Y/n decided to just leave it at that, she looked up into the cloudy sky.

She ran a few laps, after about 20 she stopped checking her phone.

5:47 am
no older notifications

"It doesn't even matter," Y/n threw her phone into the seat. "No one cares," Y/n stomped on the gas. "No one wants to check up on me!"

Y/n took the curve hard, "no one actually cares about me!" Y/n screamed as she passed the finish line. She hit the break, putting the car in park she banged on the steering wheel.

"Why? Why does no one care?" Y/n got out of the car, slamming it shut. "That was pretty impressive!" Techno's voice yelled from the entrance.

Y/n looked over to him, "what was?!" She yelled back. "That lap, it had to be faster than your world record!"

Y/n sighed, "thanks.." Drops of rain started falling from the sky. "Maybe call it a day, Y/n!" Techno yelled, "yeah, maybe." Callahan put her car up for her as Techno and her walked back inside.

"I guess I should head home." Techno stood by the front door, with his hands in his pockets. "Oh, okay.." Y/n looked down to the ground.

"You okay?" Techno looked at her with his hand on the door nob. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired." Y/n gave a fake laugh.

"Yeah, I understand. Bye now, Y/n." Techno closed the door. Y/n sighed, going back to her bedroom.