Chapter 7

Movie Night

Even though his father had hung up, Techno still had the phone to his ear. He was shocked, as if he was frozen. "I just wanted a friend," Techno repeatly whispered to himself. The door behind him creaked open.

"Technoblade, are you okay?" Y/n whispered as she poked her head out the door. "Uh, yeah, um. Let's just head inside.." Y/n had a worried expression, but did not intrude. They silently sat on the couch scrolling through Netflix.

"Do you like scary movies?" Y/n looked over to Techno, he hadn't responded. He looked down to his hands in his lap, thinking about what he truly wanted his relationship with Y/n to be. Technoblade snapped out of his thoughts as he felt Y/n's hand on his forearm.

"Are you sure everything's okay?" Technoblade studied her impression. He moved his arm away from her. "I'm fine, let's just watch, uh, Pirates of the Caribbean." Technoblade looked to the side, some light knocks came from the door.

Y/n sighed as she stood up, the pizza had arrived. "Thank you," Y/n handed him a couple five dollar bills. "Oh, thank you, Miss Y/n!" The boy said excitedly, he waved goodbye.

Y/n placed the boxes on the coffee table. She walked over to the kitchen, grabbing two plates. "Want anything to drink?"

"Water is fine, uh, someone is texting you." Techno looked to the girl, "huh? who?" Y/n doesn't usually receive texts.

"Uh, Calvin with a smiley face.." Y/n looked at the phone. "Oh, that's my coach. Used to be a great racer, to bad he retired." Y/n placed the plates and drinks down and grab her phone.

-Calvin :)
  Hey, Kid. No racing tomorrow, unless you do it before the rain. I don't want to risk you getting hurt.

Y/n sighed looking at the texts, "I don't understand, coaches sometimes.." Y/n whispered to Techno as she texted Calvin back.

- Y/n
   Yes sir, I'll get some in before hand

"Yeah, It's tough. My dad is my coach so," Technoblade took a bite of pizza. "Oh, really?"

"Yeah, he's very, uh, serious about racing." Y/n paused the movie. "Did he use to be a racer?"

"No, well, it's complicated. To make a long story short, he didn't make the cut." Techno shrugged, Y/n frowned, "that sounds terrible.."

"Yeah, anyway, Calvin? You mean like Crazy Calvin from back in the 90s?" Techno changed the subject. "Yeah, that's him. The risky racer, he's not like that anymore." Techno watched Y/n, take a bit of pizza.

The night continued with small conversations that always started a new one.

They both laughed, "you're joking?!" Y/n asked, "I'm so serious!" Techno caught his breath. Y/n flipped her phone over.

11:36
no old notifications

"Oh," Techno mumbled. "What?" Y/n asked him, "I just thought you would have lots of notifications. You know, being the top racer in the entire world."

Y/n looked over to him, "well, not to many friends. Besides you, the really only notifications I get are from Calvin and Jack, my manager."

Techno gave a sad look, "any how." Y/n avoided the subject. "It's getting late, you can crash here if you want. The guest bedroom is up stairs."

"Uh," Techno pulled his phone out to look at time. "Sure, I don't think it could hurt." He stood up, grabbing his plate.

Y/n watched as he put it in the sink, "follow me."  Y/n led him into the guest bedroom and wished him a good night.

"Good night," Y/n closed the door. "Uh, goodnight..." Techno looked around the room. He placed his phone on the night stand and fell asleep.