Chapter 42

Techno groaned, tightening his grip around Y/n, but no one was there. He opened his eyes, Y/n spot was empty. He heard her faintly talking down stairs, so he threw a pair of shorts on and slowly walked downstairs.

She was turned around, talking on the phone, wearing shorts with her sports bra. Techno looked over into kitchen, she had made breakfast. "Tonight? Well, what time were you thinking?" She whispered into the phone, "I wanted to hang out with Techno."

She nodded, turning around into the kitchen still not noticing Techno standing on the stairs. "What time does the sun set?" Techno just stood quietly, "I guess that will work. What time are you coming over?"

She paced around in the kitchen, "that's only two hours of practice. How about at 2?" Y/n turned seeing Techno, she walked up to him. "Yeah, hold on just a second." She pulled her phone down from her ear.

She kissed Techno, letting her hand rest on his abs. Techno squeezed her sides, "good morning." Y/n smiled as she pulled away, "morning, who are you talking to?"

"Calvin," Y/n whispered and brought the phone back up to her ear. "Yeah, that'll work. Okay, I'll see you then." Techno wrapped his arms around her, "alright, bye." She hung up on him, "I made breakfast! I didn't expect you to be up so soon, since the flight and.. last night."

"You were gone," Techno rubbed his eyes, "sorry, baby. Let me make you a plate," Y/n smiled.

Time Skip

As Techno scrolled on his phone in bed, he looked over to Y/n who started getting ready. "Where are you going?" He sat up, "Calvin's coming over to run a few laps." She slid on her gloves on, Techno sighed. "Mind if I watch?"

"Yeah, but you might want to get dressed." Y/n laughed, she kissed the side of his face and headed downstairs when the door bell rang. He could hear the front door close and got up out of bed.

Throwing on a shirt and sweats and walked over to the track. He saw Calvin standing by the entrance, when he made it to him a fast wind flew passed him. Causing his hair to fly, it was Y/n. He watched as she flew circles around the track in a matter of seconds.

"Close it," Calvin had a firm voice, she stopped immediately with his words. Techno noticed his jaw hanging open. "She's good, ain't she?" He laughed at Techno. "How the hell did she do that?"

"Racing all about control and listening to your coach." He smiled, "let's start from the beginning, Y/n." Y/n pulled up to the starting line, Techno looked into her car. Her helmet covered her face, both of her hands fell onto the top of the steering wheel.

"Say? Want to get out there? So we can give her some challenges?" Calvin waved at Y/n to get out, Techno rubbed the back of his neck. "I don't know, man. I don't even have my car-"

"I got some in the garage," Y/n's heavy breathing cut him off. "Helmet?" Techno asked her, "I got one that will fit your big head." She giggled, he rolled his eyes. He opened his mouth, Y/n covered it with her hand. "I have gloves too, come on." She pulled his hand to the side of the track.

When she opened the garage, Technoblade's jaw drop. "The hell you need 4 models of your car at your house? And how many helmets even is that?!" The shelves one the wall had helmet all over them. "37 and just in case." She grabbed the keys and threw them to him, "take this one." She pointed to the first one on the left.

She waved at him to come over to her as she grabbed a helmet off the middle shelf. She placed it on his head, "how's it fit?" Techno gave a thumbs up on response, "and here."

She placed gloves in his hand, "alright, see you at the track." She kissed the side of his helmet and walked out. Techno slid into the vehicle, he started it up.

When he pulled up to the track Y/n was leaning on her vehicle talking to Calvin. She hoped in and Calvin went over to Techno, "you're going to start first whatever you do, do not let her pass." Techno nodded, "I'm going to be connected to your headset, Y/n wants to try and do this on her own."

"Alright, hear me alright?" Calvin voice came over Techno's headset. "Yeah, I hear you." Techno gripped the steering wheel, "alright, just wait for my signal." Calvin stood between the two cars. He waved for Techno, he floored it off. He waved for Y/n, she followed behind Techno.

"Alright, she's coming on you inside." Techno moved over, not letting her pass. "Just watch her, this is what she struggles with most." Techno watched her, but she wasn't even trying to pass anymore.

"What is she doing, Calvin?" Calvin was quiet, "hell if I know? She doesn't know how to drift, so-" Y/n passed Techno by drifting. "What the hell?!" Techno yelled in confusion, he smiled to himself. "I didn't know she could do that.. Stop at the line."

As Y/n saw Techno stopped she stopped along side him. Techno came up to her door, opening it for her. "Did you see that?!" Y/n yelled with her helmet, "that took weeks!" Techno smiled and held his hands up for high fives. Y/n, instead, wrapped her arms around his stomach. "I cant believe I actually did it!" Techno smiled and hugged her.

"Now when were you going to tell me you could do that?" Calvin put his hands on his hips, "I didn't even know!" Y/n jumped up and down, she hugged Calvin. "Do you think you're ready for New Mexico?" Calvin was referring to the next race.

"Actually.." Y/n took her helmet, she shook her head. "What? But you've been working so hard," Techno placed his hand on her back. "I know, but New Mexico is in just a few days. I just want to get back in that mindset." Calvin nodded, "I understand, so maybe Florida?"

Y/n nodded, "maybe Florida.."

-
Y'all the sad ending is next chapter!! i'm going to cry!! but, as i said, i will have bonus chapters where the sad ending didn't happen just bc i love this book. heh