Chapter 9

"There's no audience?" Y/n asked Calvin, "nope, remember it's for the rookies to get used to you guys."

Callahan parked the car close to Y/n's trailer. "I wish they had that when I started." Y/n stepped out, "you're telling me." Calvin laughed.

"Hey, Y/n!" Someone yelled, Y/n turned to see who. "Dream! Good to see you!" Y/n shook his hand, "going to dust all these new guys?"

Dream's new racing suit was by far the best looking one. Neon green, his sponsors were all a safe of black.

"Of course," Y/n winked.

Technoblade

The racers still had over 30 minutes till they had to be in the track. To pass the time Techno leaned against his trailer, scrolling on Instagram.

"Technoblade!" Techno's manager yelled to him, "Hey, Niki." He put his phone down, "It's time to meet your driver! Here he is!"
A man came out of a black car, "hello, sir. The names HBomb."A weird name, but no one question it.

Techno held his hand out for him, "Technoblade." He shook his hand, "I'm aware, I believe you're the next time racer. Beating Y/n L/n is the biggest challenge you have."

Why does everyone want me to beat her so bad? Yeah, I'm a racer, but it's not like I'm going to immediately steal her racing career from her.

"Uh, yeah." He excused himself, so Techno continued to scroll on Instagram. He liked a picture of his friend and his wife, Phil.

After Techno scrolled down he saw a picture of Y/n and Crazy Calvin. She had a very big smile on her face, once of her eyes were closed.

He looked down to the caption.

Liked by dreamwtaken, jacobs111, and 2.9 million others.

Y/n L/n beats world record of 11.67 seconds by a whole 4 seconds with a time of 8.46 seconds.

Techno felt himself get a little jealous and closed Instagram powering off his phone. "Technoblade?" Niki appeared again. "Yeah?" Techno asked

"You okay? It seemed to bother you when Hbomb brought up you beating Y/n." Techno felt his jaw clench.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He blew her off by walking away. "Racers! You have 15 minutes until you must be on the track!" Someone's very cheerful voice came over the intercom.

"Techno!" Techno sighed when he heard the angry voice. He turned to see his father, "hey, Dad.."

"What did you do to your suit? It's supposed to be black with pink sponsors not the other way around!"

"It looks better, Dad." Techno rolled his eyes, "I'm your coach, that means-." His father was cut off by someone else.

"Hey, Technoblade!" Y/n yelled from across the field. Techno looked over, Y/n stood next to Crazy Calvin waving her arm high in the air.

Her suit was different from the other ones she has had in the past 3 years. It was mainly white, but black lighting came up from the arms and legs.

Techno smiled, he raised his arm in the air and waved back. "Hello!" Techno's father grabbed his arm, "don't talk to her. You need to focus on the race."

Time Skip

"Racers please make your way to the starting line!" The announcement kinda spooked everyone. All the racers hopped in their cars.

Y/n took many deep breaths, "you're going to do great, kid." Calvin smiled into his headset.

Techno cracked his knuckles placing his hands on the steering wheel. "You better not mess this up, son." Techno's father's voice was dry and rude.

Y/n placed her hands on the steering wheel. Looking up at the light, first yellow.

Everyone started their engines, it was loud. Y/n loved it, but the new racers hated it.

The light hit green, Y/n pressed her foot to the gas.

The light turned green, Techno pressed the gas.