2.

The cracking of twigs, rustling of leaves and the panting of wolves resonated through the dark forest

The cracking of twigs, rustling of leaves and the panting of wolves resonated through the dark forest. The creatures of the moon ran dodging every obstacle. It was not just a normal sprint. It was a chase of life. A chase to either kill or get killed.

The grey wolf's eyes sparkled when the border came into view. One big leap and he would survive but before he could even prepare for that jump a black wolf tackled him to the ground.

It was not a normal wolf. The black creature was two times bigger than any other alpha. It had red eyes that blazed extreme dominance. The aura that wolf exuded screamed nothing but danger. The grey wolf could sense his demise just by looking at the majestic black beast.

Panicked to the core it thrashed around but the hold on him never loosened. "You dared to kill our people. Innocent people who never did anything to you. They must have felt the same way." The black wolf communicated through the mind link. The other's eyes widened as his body started shaking in fear.

"I'm sorry alpha Jungkook. I'm sorry." He whimpered in distress but it did not affect the black one at all. "Who sent you here? You don't seem like a rogue to me." Jungkook asked staring right into those terrified eyes. "TELL ME!" He shouted in his alpha voice making the wolf under his paws whimper more.

"K...Kang." Just one word came out of his mouth and the creature lost his conscienceness. Jungkook separated himself from the unconscious wolf and transformed back into his human form. The sudden scrunching of leaves caught his attention but he smiled when he saw a known person approaching him with a few guards in tow.

One of the guards quickly handed the ravenette a robe to cover his body. "Take him to the cells. We need more information from him." He instructed the men and turned towards the person who had been looking at him with concern. "I'm absolutely fine Yoongi hyung. It was a piece of cake for me." Seeing his smile the older sighed in relief.

"Kang sent him. Right?" Yoongi asked as they proceeded towards the pack. "Yes! That bastard doesn't learn. We'll have to inform hyung." Jungkook said and then they walked in absolute silence. Soon they arrived at the main pack house. Entering inside they were greeted with a warm and welcoming atmosphere totally in contrast to the forest earlier.

Both the males took hasty strides up the stairs and entered inside what seemed like an office room. "Hyung!" Jungkook exclaimed as soon as he saw the man he had been looking for. Jeon Jayhyun, the ravenette's elder brother and the alpha of the pack looked up questioningly from the files he had been going through.

"Found another one from Kang's pack. He was the one who killed those guards two days ago." Jungkook informed his brother who sighed out in frustration. "I'll do something about it. That Kang is crossing his limits now." Jayhyun assured the two. The three of them then discussed a few more things related to the safety of the pack and then went downstairs to have a meal.

"Appa." A cheerful voice greeted them as soon as they entered inside the dining room. Jungkook giggled when his son threw himself in his arms. "I missed you Appa." The boy whined as his father picked him up and pecked his forehead. "I was busy today Soobinah but I promise to spend the entire day with you tomorrow." He promised and received a tight hug in return.

All the house members present there were looking at the cute interaction with adoration in their eyes. Everyone loved the inseparable father son duo. But there were two pairs of eyes that also had longing in them. Longing for something similar.

Soon enough the dinner was done and everyone retired back to their rooms. Jungkook had tucked Soobin in his bed and was now walking back to his room. Entering inside he saw a figure sitting on his bed. "How many times do I have to tell you? Huh? Do not enter my room without my permission." Each word he said was stern and the person addressed quickly scrambled up from the bed.

"I was waiting for y......" But before the words could come out Jungkook spoke up instead. "You don't have to wait for me Eun-hi. I never asked you to." He didn't like her presence at all. He wanted to lash out on her but held himself back. Couldn't afford to create a scene at this hour of the night.

"I'm trying to make things right. Can't you see that Jungkook?" Eun-hi retorted with glistening eyes. Jungkook just scoffed hearing her. "Seven years later you come out of nowhere asking for my forgiveness. I gave you that because I didn't want to live in the past. I allowed you to stay here because you are Somi noona's cousin. But I'm definitely not going to tolerate this sh*t Eun-hi. Do not interfere with my and Soobin's life. Just leave us the f*ck alone." The ravenette clenched his fists trying to control his raging wolf.

"I changed Jungkook. Why don't you see that?" She insisted. "I can't see the change in you. You are still the same and even if you have changed I don't care. We were over long back. I've rejected you and I want that to stay the same. So kindly get out right now." He gestured towards the open door. Eun-hi glared at him before walking away from there.

Sighing in relief Jungkook closed the door and lied down on his bed. He looked at the moon shining brightly outside. A sad smile made it's way up his lips. He didn't want love in his life. He had given up on that feeling long back. But looking at the moon gave him a weird feeling inside. A feeling that he always chose to ignore.

A feeling of emptiness and longing.

_______________

Please suggest me a name that I can use for the Kang character. ;-)
It should sound evil.

Also it is the same night from the first part.