28.

The tears were on the verge of falling down from his big eyes

The tears were on the verge of falling down from his big eyes. He couldn't look into those questioning gazes. His heart hammering inside with a known fear. The fear that he had been keeping inside for so long was slowly coming out with those overwhelming questions.

"Taehyung I'm asking you again. What are you hiding about yourself? People have already told us about your truth so there's no point in hiding it now. TELL US!" Hantae shouted making the omega flinch in his place. A shiver ran down his spine as the torments of the past caught up-to him.

"I......I d.....don't....." He stuttered in a low voice but Hantae cut him off. "STOP LYING. You'll not be spared if you keep up with this act. JUST TELL US THE DAMN TRUTH." Taehyung flinched again. He was not ready to face this situation. Not yet. Not when he had woken up a few hours ago with a nightmare about the same thing. Something that he had kept hidden for so long that he had himself forgotten about it's existance.

"Uncle stop it." The omega looked up hearing that voice. His eyes locking with those warm jet black orbs. "It's enough now. Can't you see that you're stressing him out?" Jungkook said walking ahead. Haulting only when he was standing right infront of the boy. His muscular body shielding the petite frame.

"Jungkook I told you to not interfere in the matter. You threw a tantrum back in the meeting room earlier and now this. I told you that I'm going to take care of this matter myself. Now get away from him. We have to get the truth out of this omega." Hantae tried to reason with the True Blood. Feeling satisfied when he saw him breathing in and out while looking down but what he heard next angered him instead.

"I'm sorry uncle. You might have stopped me from doing anything back in the meeting room but not now. I'm not going to just sit and watch you all accuse him of something you have no evidence of. No! I'm never going to let that happen." Jungkook said and took a quick glance at Taehyung who was standing behind him. The omega's eyes filled with tears and something unknown. Something unlooked for.

"Are you mad Jungkook? Why are you defending this lowlife? You hated him a month ago and now you're standing up for him?" Eun-hi exclaimed feeling insecure at the scene before her. She couldn't keep her anger at bay when she could see herself losing. "This cheap omega......"

"SHUT UP!" Jungkook growled cutting her words off. "You have no right to speak in matters related to this family. Stay in your limits and as far as hating him in concerned. Let me tell you." He turned his head staring right into her soul. "I don't repeat the same mistakes again. I'm not going to repeat the same foolishness. Not when I know him better now. Not when I know that he is one of the most kindest and purest person I've met in my life. Not when I know that he can never harm someone intentionally."

Everyone was stunned hearing the ravenette speak so much. This was way too unexpected for each one present there. Thus leaving them all speechless just staring at him. Jungkook though didn't mind all those stares at all. Instead he focussed his attention on someone more important to him. Taking a few steps back he stood right beside Taehyung. Slowly he took the other's hand in his own. Entangling them together firmly.

"We are together in this. Now if you still want to question him then keep this in mind. You're not only questioning and suspecting him but also me." He announced. His head held high showing how strong his resolve was. Taehyung on the other hand was still. His eyes never leaving the ravenette's form. A tear rolled down his eyes feeling the welcoming warmth from that strong hold. He felt his heart beating wildly inside. His stomach fluttering from those happy emotions.

"J...Jungkook?" He stuttered as everything felt like a dream to him. No one had ever stood up for him. With him. No one except the man standing beside him. The one who was holding onto his hand so firmly. The gesture appearing like a promise to never let go. A promise to trust and respect. A promise to love his soul.

"Don't worry Bambi. I believe in you." Jungkook whispered looking into his eyes. A small reassuring smile resting on his face and Taehyung couldn't help but smile in return. Those few words giving him the courage that he had lost a few minutes ago. That hold on his hand giving him the support and compassion that he had craved for.

Taking in a deep breath the omega calmed himself down. Now ready to face the world with Jungkook by his side. "I'll answer your questions but before that I want to see the people who told you about me." He announced. His voice firm and confident this time. Something that was not sitting right with the old man.

"Why should we listen to you? Don't think that I'm going to entertain your demands just because Jungkook is standing by your side. He's a true blood and they sometimes lose their ability to think properly because of their emotions. He'll be back in his senses in no time so it's better for you to tell us the truth now." Hantae said eyeing Taehyung with his fiery red eyes.

Hearing his words Taehyung found himself in a dilemma again. Is Jungkook really doing this recklessly? Is it because he is not able to think properly? He thought to himself but before he could even contemplate more Jungkook's voice broke the silence in the air. "I'm not doing this recklessly. It's a decision that I took with all my mind and heart. I'm standing my ground so please call those people in. Taehyung is ready to talk and you can atleast listen to him once."

Finding no other choice Hantae scoffed before instructing a guard to call the four inside the parlour. Seconds later many footsteps echoed through the big room announcing their entry. Taehyung's eyes were stuck on the new forms standing before them. His breath hitching as he spotted someone familiar. His anxiety rising suddenly looking at the smirk on the man's face. His thoughts slipping out of his mouth unknowingly.

"H..How? You were suppose to be in the prison."

________________

Overprotective Jungkook. How was the chapter?

Sorry for the mistakes. I've not proof read it.