53.

The night was cold

The night was cold. The moon was shining behind those thick clouds that had suddenly appeared in the night sky. The true blood sighed looking at nothing in particular. He was worried. This insides feeling uneasy for some reason. "What are you thinking about?" The sudden question brought him out of his thoughts. He looked behind him and saw his mother standing there with concern in her eyes.

"Eomma. You didn't sleep?" He asked her faking a smile. "I should be the one asking you that. You got married today. Shouldn't you be with Taehyung? Is there something that's been bothering you?" Jiha questioned him instead as she came forward. Jungkook nodded his head sighing out loud. His mother was always someone he had confided into so even now he found it best to tell her about his worries. "We did spend some time together but Tae was very tired. He's near his fifth month now and his legs have started to pain him. So I told him to sleep early. I couldn't sleep though. There is this weird uneasiness in me ever since Eun-hi left."

"Is it about your ex-mates? Are you worried that they both might try to ruin your relationship?" She asked rubbing his back up and down. "Minho is not a concern Eomma. He's in the detention centre. I've made sure that he stays there for a few years and learns how to be a proper alpha. He was diagnosed with anger and obsession issues so with the right treatment he'll be just fine. He is no threat to us now but it's Eun-hi that I'm worried about. I've known her for many years and even back in school she was very ambitious. That woman always wanted the best for herself. Earlier I used to like that side of hers but later I realised that being overly ambitious is not right. She can go to any lengths to have what she wants and this is why I'm a little worried. I just want Tae to be alright. What if he doesn't tell me about his problems just because he doesn't want to worry me? What if I'm not around when he's in a difficult situation? I can't help but worry about those things."

"Alphas!" Jiha muttered under her breath. Hearing Jungkook's words had brought back memories to her. Memories that she didn't want Taehyung to have. It's not that she didn't understand Jungkook's worried mind. It was just the fact that she knew what this worry could lead to in the future. She had been the receiver of such concerns once too. So looking at the sky she started speaking the things on her mind. "You know your father used to go on a lot of pack inspections. He would disguise himself as an ordinary soldier and then keep a thorough check on the pack from time to time."

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows. His mother had suddenly picked up a topic from the south when they were actually talking about the north. Nevertheless he didn't question her. He knew that there was something coming out of this conversation so he listened instead.

"Then once he went to the small towns in the eastern parts of the pack. We got to know that homeless children were being killed there and that it was the work of some rogues probably. Your father went there with the determination to catch those rogues but something unexpected happened. He found an eleven year old who claimed to know the real culprit. He had seen the past of that person accidently but no one believed him. Jaehwan too thought that the child might be kidding around but he still decided to trust the boy out of instincts. Safe to say that the man was actually caught red handed some days later. And yes that child is Taehyung indeed. Though he doesn't actually remember it since he was very young back then." Jungkook's eyes widened. So Appa was the one who had helped him in capturing Sungjae. He thought to himself but his mother's voice didn't let him dwell on these thoughts for more than a few seconds.

"His parents told Jaehwan about the physical bullying their child was facing and he felt really bad that someone so innocent and precious was going through such tough times. So your dad made sure that no one physically abused him after that. I had never seen that child before so I didn't know that he was Taehyung all along. I got to know about it on the day he left the pack house." Jiha said and turned to face Jungkook who still looked confused. She smiled at the view.

"Physical abuse was something your father took care of but what about the mental abuse. Taehyung has been through it all alone. He is strong and more than capable of taking care of himself. Your father was just like you too. Always worried about my safety. He became so paranoid that I couldn't even step outside without a guard following me everywhere. Alpha's tend to become overly possessive with things like these and sometimes they just go overboard. So don't let these 'what ifs' about Taehyung's safety cloud your mind. He has been so brave ever since he was a kid. According to me he can even protect you."

Both of them giggled at that. "Well...That Eomma is true indeed." Jungkook said smiling at the thought of his husband. He sighed understanding what his mother meant. Yes! He is a true blood. The physically stronger one in the relationship but that didn't mean that Taehyung needed his protection all the damn time. The omega was emotionally and mentally stronger than Jungkook could have ever been in his entire lifetime.

He realised that they have to be there for each other. They have to communicate their worries instead of thinking about them all alone. "I'll talk to him tomorrow. I'll just tell him about the things I've been feeling ever since our encounter with Eun-hi. We'll sit and think over this matter together." He muttered earning a proud pat from his mother.

Both of them then went back to enjoying the beautiful view before them totally unaware of the fact that those worries might be the precursor.....

Of a coming storm.

___________________

A boring filler but it was important to fill up some loopholes from the previous chapters. :-)