24.

The soft sniffles escaping his mouth

The soft sniffles escaping his mouth. Those big teary eyes and that look of worry on his beautiful face. Everything made the True Blood feel tingles inside his body. A warmth spreading through his veins as Taehyung's long fingers grazed over his injured palm.

"Bambi stop crying. Will you? I'm fine. This is just a small cut." Jungkook said trying his best to console the other. "Small cut? Are you mad? You've got stitches for god's sake. W....Who even told you to do t..that?" Taehyung yelled at him. Tears streaming down his cheeks. "Stop crying first of all." Jungkook urged again.

"I'm not crying." Taehyung said wiping away the wetness from his cheeks but more tears came out of those shiny eyes as he glanced at Jungkook's bandaged hand. "Then what is this. A waterfall?" The true blood teased him. Trying his very best to lighten up the mood. "It's just pregnancy hormones. You fool." Taehyung smacked him hard on his shoulder. Earning a giggle from the other in return.

"Ok. Ok. I won't tease you but stop crying please." Jungkook mumbled taking him in an embrace. The omega letting him do so without any protests. He himself snuggled closer to the other's warmth. After staying like that for a while they separated themselves. Both looking away as the realisation of their position dawned on them.

"I'll heal in a day or two. Perks of being a true blood." Jungkook said trying to keep the situation as light as possible. "I'll trust you on this but if you are lying to me then be ready to get a new hair colour everyday." The omega looked dead serious and it took everything in Jungkook to not burst out laughing. "No please not that. I had to go to a salon to get back my black hair after your stunt the previous time. I love my black hair Bambi. Spare me. Sheesh!"

Taehyung giggled hearing the alphas ramble finally forgetting about his worries. "Red was looking good on you by the way. You didn't even enjoy that for a day. So sad." He said with a hint of naughtiness. Finally bursting out in a fit of laughter when Jungkook mumbled a 'No! Thanks.' with the most annoyed face ever.

"F*ck!" Taehyung suddenly shouted amidst his laughter startling the other. "What am I going to tell the others when they return?" He asked looking worried all over again. "Bambi stop stressing. Yoongi hyung has already thrown Minho out of the pack house. I'll tell everyone about the incident myself. No one is going to pester you. You just take care of yourself and my nephew. Leave the rest to me." Jungkook reassured the omega with a gentle tone.

Nodding his head, Taehyung gave him a soft smile before pulling up the comforter over the True Blood's legs. "You should take some rest now. Sleep for awhile. I'll take care of Soobin." He said and quickly turned around. Walking away from the room. Jungkook's onyx eyes following his every move with a fond smile on his face.

Once outside the pretty boy leaned against the wall. A hand placed over his heart. Stop jumping. Will you? Why do you always react this way around him? He thought to himself while taking a deep breath. Smiling unknowingly at the thought of their silly interactions.

"Yes. Plants can make their own food and grow. These plants are then eaten by smaller animals for their growth. Then these smaller animals are eaten by the bigger ones for their growth. This is how the food chain works. There is a connection between all living beings on the planet. Now you get it?" Taehyung asked the kid sitting before him. The two working on Soobin's assignment at the moment.

"Yes! It's easy Taetae. Thank you for helping me." Soobin chirped and then went back to writing his answer. The omega's fond eyes following his every move. The atmosphere was comforting and the two were enjoying each other's company a lot. It was then that the door to their room flung open suddenly startling them both.

"What are you doing with my son?" A sharp voice pierced through their ears. The omega rolling his eyes realising who their new visitor was. Really first my bastard of a mate and now her. What is up with them today? He thought to himself when he saw the woman walking towards them.

"Poor people like you have no self respect. Right? First you cheat on your mate for money and get rejected. Then you become the alpha's surrogate to pay off all the debt on you and your sorry family. Now you're trying to lure in Jungkook and Soobin into your trap. I know what your plan is. I've been observing you for long now. I saw everything you cheap omega." Eun-hi said pulling Taehyung up from the chair he was sitting on.

"I saw how you've been sticking to Jungkook these days. My son was already under your dark magic and now you're trying to do the same to my mate too. Do you think you can win that easily? I'm warning you to stay away from them or else I'm going to ruin your life." Her spiteful voice made Taehyung hiss in discomfort. His pregnancy hormones making him extra sensitive.

"You really think you can say all that to me when you were yourself rejected eight years ago. Nobody likes you here. Not even your own son. I didn't talk to you till now because Jimin had already warned me about your foolish mouth and after today I would really like to keep it that way. I don't waste my time on useless people." Taehyung said grinning at her with a 'Is that enough or you want more?' look in his eyes.

"Let's go Soobin. We'll do this later. It's time to go for a walk." His eyes never left the woman's who was giving him a death glare. Holding onto Soobin's hand he leaned a little towards Eun-hi and whispered. "Come out of your imagination already. It's not a nice place to be in."

With that he stepped back and walked away with Soobin beside him. Leaving behind Eun-hi all alone with anger flooding through her veins. Taking a shaky breath she whispered.

"Now I'll have to send you to Kang or else you'll steal my mate from me."

________________

Things are getting messy. And what do you think is special about Taehyung?