40.

"What is it?" Taehyung asked the true blood who had his face buried into the omega's chest

"What is it?" Taehyung asked the true blood who had his face buried into the omega's chest. Both of them lying inside the comforter cuddled up together. "What was the reason for that outburst earlier?" He asked again gently caressing the other's soft black locks. "Nothing." Came a muffled voice but Taehyung knew better than that.

"I know there's something that has been eating you up from the inside. You don't love her anymore but you can't seem to let go of the past Kookie. Is the reason related to your parents? Hmm?" He asked as gently as possible trying not to push his limits. "How did you know?" The ravenette asked looking up into his eyes with a pained expression on his visage. "Your voice, your eyes and your questions were hint enough." Taehyung said giving him a soft smile. Enough to give Jungkook the courage to open up.

He took a deep breath and placed his head on the omega's chest again before starting. "My parents came to me one day all worked up and worried because they had seen Eun-hi with another man. I didn't believe them though or you could say that I didn't want to believe them. We had an argument and I took it too far. I didn't talk to them after that day just because I wanted to prove them wrong but a few days later I found her cheating on me. It was the breaking point. I closed myself off in my room and didn't come out. Didn't talk to anyone. Cut myself off from the entire world. Eomma and Appa kept on requesting me to open the door but I ignored all their pleadings. A week later the pack was attacked and after that I never met them."

Jungkook didn't realise that he was crying by now. His tears staining the omega's shirt who kept on caressing his back gently with tear filled eyes. "I couldn't even a...apologise to them. I made them feel horrible with my behaviour. I abandoned them. I couldn't even embrace them one last time. I m....miss them Tae. I miss t...them so much." The alpha broke down. Crying like a child in distress. His heart ached at the thought of abandoning his parents for someone so unworthy. His conscience taunting him for his actions.

"Trusting your mate is not wrong Jungkook. You tried to protect her dignity and character for as long as you could. 'I'll trust you more than myself' Isn't this what we all promise our mates? You just kept your words Kookie. Your parents must be so proud of you for being such a good man. And as far as an argument is concerned, it's normal to have them with your family. I wouldn't deny that you could have done things rationally but everyone reacts differently to different situations. Just because fate had planned to be cruel to you and your parents your argument doesn't become a crime Kookie. Do not feel guilty for things that were never in your control and please don't let your parents be a cause for this feeling inside you. They deserve to be a part of your happiness and good memories. Don't they?"

Jungkook nodded his head like a kid. His eyes glossy and cheeks stained with tears. "I u..understand what you want to s..say Tae but I don't k..know how to do it." He stuttered with an unsure voice. "Time heals everything Kookie but only if you let it. Try to heal. Not for Soobin or me or anyone else but for yourself." Taehyung said while wiping away the tears from the ravenette's face.

"We are the worst critics for our ownselves. Everyone. Everyone does that. We have always blamed ourselves for things that were never in our control. We always look for those tiny mistakes in our actions while ignoring the big accomplishments. But why Kookie? Can't we be a little empathetic towards our own selves? Hmm?" Taehyung's question made Jungkook look up into his eyes.

"If you ask me then all I see is an eighteen year old alpha scared to lose his mate. Scared to find the person he gave his everything to cheating on him. All I see is a son who was embarrassed to face his parents after his outburst and I'm sure that even your parents saw everything that way. So if you can't be empathetic to yourself then try to look at it from my eyes. You'll see nothing wrong. Just dark times that left painful scars behind." Taehyung said giving the True Blood a soft smile. A smile of reassurance. A gesture for the other to know that he was going to be with him throughout.

And Jungkook couldn't help but burst into a new set to tears at the words and gesture. "Thank you. Thank for saying that." He mumbled. His face buried into the omega's chest. He held onto Taehyung tightly as if his life depended on it and cried. He cried his sorrows out while the other just laid there caressing him gently. Letting him take out all the emotions that had pent up inside for years.

It was only when the faint sun rays and the chirping of the birds greeted them that Jungkook separated himself from the other and looked into his eyes with a soft smile. "Thank you for coming into my life." He said and quickly pecked Taehyung's lips before the omega could reply. "Rest now. We've been up the entire night and you must be tired. I'll be off to the training grounds but I'll return back early. We'll go somewhere then. Hmm."

Taehyung nodded quietly. Feeling warmth spreading in his body at the ravenette's gentle touch. He smiled and closed his eyes when Jungkook pulled the comforter over and tucked him in. "Come back quickly." He whispered and received a kiss on his forehead. "I will." Jungkook replied and then silently left the room.

It was after a few minutes of the alpha leaving that Taehyung's hand suddenly came in contact with a cold material. Frowning he picked it up and gasped at the sight. "Jungkook's mother's ring." He said and sat upright before clutching onto it tightly. Taking in a deep breath he closed his eyes. Concentrating hard on the material in his hand.

And then he saw it. Something unexpected. Shocked he opened his eyes and stared at the ring. Gulping he whispered shakily.....

"She...She is alive."

________________

Things are going to get messy. Just as I like it.

Also it is the same night they went on the date. If there is some confusion.