44.

"How's the search going? Have you found the people who have been selling Wolvesbane and scent blockers in the pack? It has already been ten days boys

"How's the search going? Have you found the people who have been selling Wolvesbane and scent blockers in the pack? It has already been ten days boys. I don't see any progress." Jungkook stilled. The spoon in his hand halting mid way. He glanced at Jayhyun discretely. His eyes searching for a possible answer. Hantae's question was not something they had prepared for. That too so early in the morning.

"We are still in the process of searching uncle. You know how difficult it is to find such bastards. They know how to hide and escape the soldiers. Though it's nothing we can't handle. I'm sure this endeavour will be over in a few days." Jayhyun said a bit awkwardly. Sighing out in relief when Hantae nodded his head and went back to eating his food.

"By the way I'll be visiting the dawn mountains today. I'll stay there for a day or two and come back only after your parent's death anniversary." The words that came out of the old man's mouth were enough to distress the air on the room. The clanking of the ceramics came to a halt as everyone looked down in utter sadness. Everyone except the two brothers.

Giving each other 'The look' they turned to stare right into those fiery red eyes. "Why don't you stay with us this time uncle? Why do you even visit the dawn mountains every year around this time? That too all alone. We really worry for your safety. You don't even take any soldier with you." Jayhyun said with a small smile on his face. The smile that he had been faking for the past ten days now.

"The attack eight years ago was a turning point in my life. I lost my brother, noona and mate. All people whom I loved dearly were suddenly gone from my life. I didn't know how to cope up with all this so I secluded myself in those mountains. They gave me the peace and calm that I had lost. There is always something magical in the air there that heals my worried heart. This is why I visit that place every year. It's something I do for myself so don't be worried about me. Hmm."

The words sounded so genuine and real that anyone could have felt bad for that man. His face so grief stricken that the people around could have easily believed all those lies but not this time. Not when this was the exact way Hantae had been all these years. Not when they had started to suspect him in the light of reason.

"As you say. Though I wish for you you be here for the death anniversary. So try to make it on time if possible." Jayhyun's voice was painfully fake but he couldn't help it. This was the only way to keep the old man in the dark. They had to let him do whatever he wanted just like before.

"There is another thing that has been on my mind lately." Jayhyun sighed. He wouldn't stop talking. I don't want to talk with him anymore. He thought to himself frustrated at the old man. Nevertheless he still smiled and gestured for the other to continue.

"I think that your decision of ousting Eun-hi from the pack house was wrong. You could have atleast waited for me to return from the border inspection. We shouldn't take such decisions hastily. They are things that have to be discussed thoroughly before coming to any conclusions. She is Jungkook's mate aft....."

"Was my mate." Jungkook said cutting him off in between. "I rejected her and everything between us is over. Times have changed uncle and so has the definition of mates and bonds. The fact that our wolves don't cry or struggle anymore after rejection is proof enough of these changes. Truly speaking after all that I've faced in life I've come to a conclusion that a mate is not a person who is made for you. A mate is actually a person who makes you. They bring out the good in you. They make you care for yourself. They make you feel blessed. Every moment with them turns you into a better person. They connect to your soul and heart both. They connect to your human and wolf both and Eun-hi was never that for me. I don't care if she's changed or not because I have. I'm not that emotional gullible teenager anymore. So please do not try to bring her in my life again. I'm requesting you to stay out of this."

Saying that he stood up from the table and walked away from there. Not sparing anyone even a glance. His mind and heart had been aching to find his parents but the lack of leads had been worrying him a lot. Every other thing and statement from Hantae was making him angry beyond limits and he found it best to not stay in a room with that man for long.

Calm down. You have more important people to take care of. He whispered to himself as he entered into the room beside his own. A smile quickly replaced his earlier frown when his eyes landed on Soobin. The little one who was busy making origamis. "What are you doing baby? Why didn't you come for breakfast?" He asked forgetting everything else for a moment. His son being his only concern for now.

"Oh! Appa." Soobin exclaimed merrily and jumped into his arms. "I was hungry before so Taetae already fed me." He informed the older smiling ear to ear. Jungkook looked at him fondly. His heart feeling at ease. "Are you worried about something Appa?" Jungkook gulped at the question. "A little." The words came out of his mouth unknowingly.

"It's okay to be worried Appa but Taetae says that you should always talk about your worries with people you trust. You should not keep them inside." Soobin said hugging his father tightly. "You like your Taetae alot. Don't you?" Jungkook asked smiling at his son's attempt to comfort him. "Yes! I do." Soobin exclaimed forgetting about their previous talk in an instant.

Jungkook laughed fondly at the little boy's antics. Booping Soobin's nose with his own he kissed him gently on his forehead and said.

"Do you want him to be your Eomma?"

_________________

I had a nerve pinch and gosh it was painful. I couldn't even move my arm an inch for a few days. Hence the late update.

Also, not proof read so please tell me about the mistakes.