33.

The early morning rain was slowly lulling the pretty boy back to sleep

The early morning rain was slowly lulling the pretty boy back to sleep. He peered at the slow shower with his eyes feeling heavy. His arms were snaked around the little one who had been sticking to him ever since he woke up. "I'm feeling very sleepy Soobinah." He yawned as the exhaustion started weighing on him. Soobin quickly separated himself from the other looking at him with a worried expression.

"Are you feeling sick?" He asked sincerely and Taehyung couldn't help but smile at the concern. "I am absolutely fine. Just sleepy because I woke up at around eleven last night and since then me and your Appa have been talking to each other." He explained. "Ok! You can sleep then Taetae. I'm here to protect you." Soobin announced with a firm resolution in his voice. Taehyung giggled at his actions. Then ruffling his hair with adoration he said "My little alpha is so strong and brave. Now I can really sleep peacefully."

"But not before I check on you." A voice suddenly cut him off catching both their attention. They turned their heads towards the door and smiled instantly when they spotted Jin standing there with the ravenette just behind him. "I'll be done in a few minutes and then you are suppose to eat something first. After that you can sleep as much as you want." Jin said coming forward. Then without wasting a second he started checking up on the omega breathing in relief when everything came out to be fine and normal.

"I'll remove the drip. Also your fever is gone so you won't be feeling tired for long now. Make sure to eat and rest as much as you can. Don't do any heavy work Tae because we have to be very careful from now on. Do you get it?" Taehyung nodded his head listening to everything with utmost attention. "I'll be very careful." He said assuring the older who patted his head and then turned to face the little one sitting beside him.

"As for you Mr. Little Jeon. What are you still doing here? Don't you have your school today? Come with me. I'll get you ready for the day." Jin exclaimed with his face sporting an amused expression at the kid's dejected response. "Bye! I'll be back soon." Soobin kissed Taehyung on his temple after hearing Jin and sighed when he saw the other waiting for him at the door. Despite his lack of  interest the boy finally got off the bed whining and followed after the elder omega.

"He's so attached to you. It is the first time I'm seeing him like this." Jungkook started off as soon as the two left them alone. "He has never kissed hyung or noona or anyone else as a matter of fact." The ravenette explained while taking a seat in front of the omega and handing him a bowl of soup. "Really?" Taehyung asked surprised. He had not expected the kid to be so closed off.

"Yes Really! He's my son afterall." Jungkook winked at him while Taehyung just scoffed. "No need to be proud of that. He's a kid so he shouldn't be as grumpy as you." The boy said with an 'I'm done' scrunch on his nose. Making the ravenette laugh heartily at that. "I was just teasing you Bambi. It's so easy to get you all worked up." He muttered still giggling but stopped when he saw the omega holding the bowl in a weird way.

His eyes widened as he realised what the other was trying to do. "No. No. No...." He chanted bringing his hands up in a defensive manner. Trying his very best to protect himself from the splash of soup that could shower him any moment. "What were you saying?" Taehyung asked. His eyes shining with mischief as he kept on scaring the alpha.

"I'm sorry." Jungkook whined with a cute pout on his face making Taehyung hault immediately. He fell against the bedback laughing while Jungkook looked at him with heart eyes. Both of them feeling comfort and compassion in each other's presence but there was another presence there. The one who had witnessed everything through the ajar door.

Dear alpha,

It is not a surprise for me that you've failed in conquering the Jeon pack many times. I would not blame you but your trust in the wrong people. You do make your enemy's enemy your friend but without making sure that they don't bite you in the end.

This time too your so called ally is trying to keep your belonging to himself. Also he's hiding something from you and the others that might be very useful to you. I am not sure but if you can make me your close partner I can actually help you to conquer what you've been dying to have. In return I just want two things. An alpha and a place in your ministry. I hope you will give this a thought before you lose your pack as well.

P. S. - Also, there is someone else who has gotten too close to your omega. This might be an even bigger threat.

Anticipating a positive response from someone as intelligent as you. 

Your well-wisher.

The mysterious letter was like a warning to him. This feels like the truth. I have really started to feel a little suspicious about Hantae. He has not contacted me for so long now. Daniel thought to himself as he stared the letter intently. His mind working a thousand gears per second.

"Kai." He called out to his commander who barged into the room without any delay. "Do you trust Hantae?" He asked looking at the other questioningly. "Alpha I'm not very sure but that guy doesn't feel trustworthy. Whenever I look at him it feels like there is something that he is trying to hide from everyone. I feel as if he's just using you to destroy his nephews."

Daniel nodded hearing the words of his most trusted man. The realisation dawning on him in an instant. "I think you are right. I should work according to my own plans. Why was I even listening to that old fool all this while?" He said and then got up from his throne. Taking a few steps forward to came and stood right before Kai. With his face morphing into it's usual smirk he held onto the letter in his hand tightly and exclaimed.

"It's time to change partners I guess."

__________________

Poor Kai. I make him the evil friend in ffs because it's easier to remember his name. ;-)