47.

Promises are meant to be broken

Promises are meant to be broken. Taehyung had always believed in this phrase. He had never seen someone keep their promises. He had never seen someone being true to their words. Maybe his belief was just an insecurity of his. Maybe it was because he was scared of those broken promises. He never wanted to believe in those vows again but someone had somehow changed that for him. A certain ravenette had given him unconditional love. He had made the omega believe in those vows of compassion.

You promised. You said you'll hold my hand forever. You have to keep that promise Kookie. Please. Please don't break it. His mind kept on repeating these words as he stared at the closed door wordlessly. The image of Jungkook's bloody torso and pale skin was still flashing infront of his eyes. The hands that used to give him warmth were so cold themselves. The eyes that held the universe in them were sealed behind those pale eyelids. The omega wanted it all to be a bad dream. He really wished to wake up now and find himself in those comforting arms.

Every feeling inside had turned him completely silent. His state worrying the others alot. "Tae eat something please. You've been sitting here for the past four hours and it's not good for your health." Somi said crouching down next to him with a plate in hand. He looked at her. His heart squeezing when her blood shot eyes came into view. How can I eat when my love is fighting for his life right now? He wanted to say but kept his mouth sealed. He could not punish the innocent life inside him. So taking the plate from her hands he started stuffing the food in his mouth. His eyes stung with tears as he tried to eat but after a bite he stopped. "I don't think I can e..eat it right now noona. I can't swallow it. I'm sorry. I know I have to take c..care of bun but Jungkook is s..still inside." He whispered weakly and was at once embraced in a gentle hug.

"It's okay. You don't have to force yourself. We understand you Tae. He'll be fine. He'll be with you in no time." Her words were his final string. He broke down. The wails he had been keeping inside came out in full force. He cried and wailed like a child in distress. His heart aching for his love. Somi kept standing there holding onto him. Her heart breaking at those painful sniffles.

It was after some minutes that he calmed down, just in time for the door to click open. Getting up from his chair he quickly rushed to Jin and the doctor who stepped out of the room with an unreadable expression on their visages. "How is he? Is my son alright?" Someone asked them before Taehyung could but he didn't care about whoever that person was. Jungkook was his only concern at the moment. "He's out of danger." Jin announced. His words giving everyone the breath they had lost a few hours ago.

"The amount of Wolvesbane given to him was quite high. He was really lucky since Mr. Min always carries an antidote to the poison with him during such missions. The early dose stabalized him enough and this is why he survived. Despite that he'll need a lot of rest. The wound is deep and the Wolvesbane weakens the wolf so healing would be difficult for him at the moment. I recommend you to not involve him in any stressful or tedious activities for atleast a month. Also, he is still unconscious right now but there's nothing to worry about. He would wake up in a few days." The doctor said giving them all a small smile of reassurance.

That was all Taehyung wanted to hear. He is safe. He'll be right by my side. He didn't leave me. He thought and quickly stepped forward to finally hold those warm hands again. With his shaky hands he tried to open the door but someone held his wrist in place before he could go any further. "Not you." Those words were enough to knock the air out of his lungs.

He turned his head and found a lady around his mother's age looking at him sternly. Her hands were bandaged and there were cuts scattered on her pale skin. By the looks of it she appeared to be the ex luna. He was not sure though. Ever since his eyes had taken in Jungkook's injured form everything around him had been a blur.

"I think it would be appropriate if only his family meets him at the moment." Her words were like an arrow to his heart. Ofcourse you are not his family. His parents are back. He has his hyungs with him and also his son. They'll always be more important to him. His insecurities mocked him. He clenched his fists trying to stop his tears. Gulping the lump in his throat painfully he lowered his eyes in sadness.

"Jiha he......" Jaehwan tried to intervene but the lady raised her hand to stop him from speaking any further. "I've seen someone else too. Someone who had claimed to love him. I've seen my son give his everything to that person only for him to be left heartbroken. I still remember those days when he had locked himself up in this room and I'm not going to let that repeat. I'm not going to let him fall for that again. I had just been a spectator back then but I'm going to protect my son this time." Despite her tired voice she did not fail to show her resolution.

"Mom please. Let's not do that." Jayhyun requested but Jiha was not ready to listen to anyone. "Jay you stay out of it. I know he is carrying your child but that doesn't mean that I'll listen to your requests. You did tell me about their relationship but.....

I do not approve of it."

____________________

Mother causing trouble as soon as she entered the scene. (laughs in evil)

Not proof read so tell me about the mistakes.