19.

Curious eyes stared at the black ink blotting the porcelain white skin of the alpha

Curious eyes stared at the black ink blotting the porcelain white skin of the alpha. Long fingers sliding along the artist's beautiful impressions. "What does this mean?" The question was asked pointing at a specific outline on the muscular arm.

"Nothing I just liked it. There is no meaning behind it. Even if there is I'm not aware of it." Jungkook answered in all honesty. "What about......this?" The true blood just shook his head in response. "I don't know." He said slowly. A sigh of annoyance leaving the omega's mouth at the answer.

He and Soobin had been sitting in Jungkook's study for the past few minutes trying to engage him in a conversation. They did find a good enough reason to talk to him but the alpha was not really complying with their questions. "Appa! Don't be like that. Now tell us what this flower means." Soobin asked while gently rubbing his father's arm with his small fingers. "This is a Tiger Lily." The alpha started. "It is a symbol of wealth, prosperity and pride. It can also mean beauty, purity, fertility, transformation, rebirth, and devotion. It has many meanings."

"I want love. Please love me." Jungkook haulted at the sudden words that came out of the omega's mouth. He looked at the other with a bewildered expression on his visage. "It also means : please love me. It's a symbol of passionate love." Taehyung explained. Soobin looking at him with a fond expression while Jungkook with an unknown emotion in his eyes.

"Really? I d...didn't know that. That's news to me." Jungkook tried his very best to hide his flustered emotions. Gulping the irritating lump in his throat he smiled at Taehyung. "Now both of you go out of my study. I have to work." He said crossing his arms over his chest trying his very best to look as stern as he could.

Taehyung gave him a slight nod. His eyes never leaving the other. "Let's go Soobin. We'll trouble your Appa in the evening." He said and quickly got up from his seat. Giving the True Blood one last look both of them turned around and started walking towards the door.

It was after a tread or two that Taehyung's steps suddenly faltered. Black dots appearing in front of his orbs. He tried to regain his balance by shaking his head but things only got worse. His legs started feeling like jelly and his vision became more blurry. The strength in him suddenly ebbing out of his body as he started falling back.

His half conscious mind was ready for the harsh impact but instead his head and back met a firm yet gentle surface. Two arms snaking around his waist keeping him in place. "Bambi. It's alright. I got you. You can close your eyes." He heard a soft whisper near his ear and unknowingly his lips turned up in a small smile. Relief flooding through his veins as he felt protected in those arms.

Slowly Jungkook picked him up in his strong arms and gently laid him on the couch. "Soobin get that water bottle." He instructed the kid who looked as worried as him. "Here have some water Bambi." Jungkook said making Taehyung sit up with utmost care. "Appa." He heard Soobin's voice from beside him and at once took the bottle from his hands attaching it to the omega's mouth.

Taehyung took a few gulps and then gestured the True Blood to stop. Jungkook did as told and handed over the bottle to Soobin. Just as he was about to face the omega again two arms took him by surprise. Taehyung hugged him out of the blue. His face buried in the crook of his neck. The true blood was frozen in place by this unexpected touch. His heart and stomach doing flips with an indefinite feeling.

"Let's stay like this for a while." Taehyung whispered near his ear bringing him out of his daze. Though hesitant, he hugged the boy back and took a shaky breath. "D....Do you need something?" He asked pursing his lips together in nervousness.

Taehyung shook his head. "No. I'll be fine. I just need you." Those words left his mouth without him realising. His eyes widening in the embrace when he registered his own words. "O....Okay!" Came the True Blood's unsure voice. His mind literally blasting from those words.

A few seconds later the two separated themselves hurriedly. With red faces and wildly beating hearts they looked away too shy to face the other. "I don't know about anything else but bun is surely going to kill me before I can even see this world." Taehyung spoke breaking the weird silence between them.

Jungkook laughed. Rather awkwardly at that. "You signed up for it yourself. So now you'll have to suffer the consequences and don't you dare badmouth my nibling." He said laughing at his own words. Stopping only when he saw the weirded out look on Taehyung's face.

"Not funny hot head. Not funny at all. I'll get going then." Taehyung suddenly stood up surprising the father and son. Taking Soobin's hand in his own Taehyung hastily walked away from the study leaving Jungkook all alone. "My joke wasn't that bad." He whispered to himself as he ogled at the now closed door.

Smiling he sat back on the couch. Crimson colouring his cheeks from before. His heart was still beating at an animalistic pace not ready to slow down any soon. "Why is he so bold? Speaking without a filter in his mouth." He said eyeing the black ink on his arm.

It was the first time in years that he felt something like this. Not even Eun-hi had given him so many butterflies in his stomach. Taehyung had affected him in an unexpected way from day one. His emotions getting out of his walls whenever the other was around.

Intently staring at the Tiger Lily tattoo he sighed. A pain too familiar catching up-to him all of a sudden. "It's a tattoo I made myself when I was drunk in pain. I had felt a longing back then. A longing that seems like a luxury in my life. The longing for love......

A luxury not meant for me."

_______________

Both of them are so awkward. Something is starting. :-)