10.

The tension in the was thick

The tension in the was thick. So thick that it had started to suffocate them all. The confrontation earlier had left them speechless. A certain ravenette in the particular. He could still see those glassy eyes. That hurting soul. Those agonising words. Everything made him feel pathetic about himself because he was the cause of that breakdown. 

Why do I feel so bad? Why do I feel so concerned when I don't even know him properly? He thought to himself. His mind confusing him about his own resolves. These thoughts were jabing him from the inside. Luckily for him the door to the omega's room opened swiftly bringing him out of his perplexity.

Walking out of the room Jin passed them all a small smile. "Don't worry. He's just exhausted. A good sleep and a nice meal would patch him up in no time." He informed and the others sighed out in relief. "Jin is he......" Somi asked looking at him expectantly. The doctor nodded his head in full excitement. "Yes! I could sense the presence." His eyes sparkled while delivering this news.

Somi cried out in happiness as Jayhyun hugged her tightly. Both mates sharing the immense joy they felt. The previous tension in the air slowly dissipated. Getting replaced with happy thoughts instead. The congratulatory words echoed through the corridor as the family displayed their blessings and glee to the mates.

Everyone was lost in the celebration except for one person. The ravenette. The true blood who was busy looking at the sleeping boy from the small creek in the door. His worried eyes never left the omega's form. Unconsciously he took a step forward but haulted when a hand was placed on his shoulder. "Jungkook come with me. I have some work to do and I'll need your help." He saw his brother standing behind him with a big smile on his face. His entire body exuded merriment and Jungkook found himself agreeing to him without second thoughts.

I don't have to apologise. It's not that he's someone important. He said to himself as he started walking behind his brother instead. All the way pushing the urge to meet Taehyung at the back of his mind. He was sticking to his resolves afterall. There was nothing wrong in that. Right?

 Right?

A groan left his mouth as he slowly started gaining his consciousness back. Squinting his eyes he tried to look around but his vision was too blurry. Sighing he closed his eyes again but the sudden realisation of the previous confrontation made him sit up in surprise. "Why did I say all that? That too infront of all the people. Why?" He whined ruffling his hair in frustration. His bed hair getting even messier than they already were.

"F*cking hell." He cried out but a sudden giggle from his side startled him. He gasped and looked at the other end of the bed with his big puppy eyes only to find a small figure sitting there with his pearly teeth in full display. "Soobin? You were here all along?" Taehyung asked confused.

"Yes. I've been waiting here for you to wake up since an hour now." He said innocently. His doe eyes shining with something unknown. Taehyung laughed a little looking at the kid. His insides feeling light from the giddy emotions. "You were waiting for me? Why?" His gaze on Soobin was soft so the little one scooted closer to him feeling at ease.

"I'm sorry for acting the way I did before. I shouldn't have done that. I know I was wrong but I just feel very weird all the time. All my feelings are too much to handle. Also, it's so difficult to apologise even if I know that I'm wrong. My mind doesn't allow me to say something like that." Soobin fidgeted with his fingers unable to explain his inner turmoil. He had never told anyone about his recent struggles but today he felt like taking those words out.

Taehyung smiled at the little boy totally understanding what the problem was. He gently caressed his cheek and asked "You are finding it difficult to control your alpha wolf. It's hard to control those exaggerated feeling. Am I right?" Taehyung kept his voice as soft as possible. He wanted Soobin to be comfortable with his presence.

"I don't know. I've not even told Appa about it because I don't want him to worry. He already has many things to take care of." The little one explained receiving a nod from the other. "What about your Eomma? Hmm? Doesn't she help you?" Taehyung asked unaware about the entire situation.

Soobin tensed up at that question making Taehyung sit up straight in concern. "I don't like her. Not even Appa likes her. She is bad and left us on our own. You know the day I kicked the ball at you breaking that jug, I was actually angry on her. She scolded me so badly just because I accidentally bumped into her. I think she doesn't like me at all. She always treats me like that." The small voice with which Soobin spoke those words pierced right through the omega's heart. Without second thoughts he embraced the child who melted into the welcoming hug.

"You don't have to worry now Soobinah. I'll help you. I'll teach you how to control your wolf and feelings. What do you say?" He offered with all honesty. Soobin separated himself from him. "Really? Will you be my friend and help me?" He asked and jumped up with excitement when he received the affirmation.

"Yay. Taetae is the coolest. He is the coolest." Soobin sing songed while dancing on the bed. Taehyung just laughed looking at his antics. Forgetting about the stressful day altogether. Both of them fell onto their backs giggling when Soobin threw himself at the pretty male.

They felt happy and excited with their sudden friendship. Their smiles were proof enough. They kept lying beside each other enjoying the comfortable silence when an idea struck Taehyung's mind out of the blue. "So now that we are friends I want you to help me too." He said looking at Soobin from the corner of his eyes. "Of course I'll help you. But with what?" The question had Taehyung's lips lift up in a smirk as his naughty eyes gleamed under the sunlight sieving in through the window.

"To have a little fun with your rude Appa."

_____________

One person done. One more to go. :-)