42.

The sky had turned purple with a thin line of orange at the horizon

The sky had turned purple with a thin line of orange at the horizon. The moon was already looking at them with it's white glory. It had taken them a few hours to discuss things over and decide their next step. Though Taehyung had been a little hesitant on revealing his secret so suddenly but those doe eyes looking at him with so much hope were reason enough. A reason to finally come out of his fears. A reason to finally accept himself fully and wholeheartedly. I have him now. I don't have to be afraid of not being accepted. He thought to himself.

"So you mean to say that Taehyung can see a person's past, present and future by touching a thing that belongs to them?" Jayhyun's unsure voice snapped him out of his thoughts. He looked up from his lap only to find the others already gaping at him with confusion. "Yes! Hyung this is what I said." Jungkook spoke out from beside him but none of their expressions changed.

Taehyung looked around and smiled. "Listen to me everyone." He said gathering all the attention at once. "All people have one or the other thing that holds a special meaning in their life. For example Soobin's pendent or your mother's ring or anything very dear to them. Such things are close to the person and therefore have an essence of them. My ability helps me to read the past, present and indefinite future of the person with the help of that essence. Visualising the past is the most difficult because time once gone can never return. Present is easier to see but not of much use. The future on the other hand is the most useful. Although there's one thing that should be kept in mind. The vision I see is not actually the future but a possibility that has the maximum probability of occurring. Everything depends on the course of action taken. So whatever I see can be totally wrong too."

"Wow!" Jimin exclaimed as soon as Taehyung finished his explanation. "You're the coolest Tae. It's amazing." His voice held wonder and excitement. Something that had the omega smiling widly. "You don't find it weird?" The boy asked skeptically a few seconds later.

"Why would we? My mate has a grandmother who magically heals people. My brother is a trueblood born out of an alpha and beta. You too are someone unique like them so there is nothing to be afraid of Tae. We trust and adore you. There is nothing that's going to change that now." Jayhyun's reassuring word made the omega sigh out in relief. He glanced at Jungkook satisfied and found him already looking in his direction with a small smile on his face.

"Now won't you both tell us the reason of your haste? You wanted to talk about this so urgently. Did you perhaps see something that bothered you alot? Hmm?" Namjoon's question forced the two back to reality. Sighing out they turned to face the others again. "I don't have a control over the vision I see. Anything that fate wants to show me is what comes infront of my eyes. I just hold onto a thing and close my eyes concentrating on the essence it holds. Once the vision is over, it's my instincts that help me to mark it as the past, present and future. I'm telling you this because I don't want to give you all unconditional hope. There can be loopholes in the vision I have so please do not trust it completely."

Everyone nodded. The ease in the air suddenly turning into a thick tension. "I saw a vision of your mother hyung. It was the present. She is not dead. She's alive. Kept prisoner somewhere." The words sucked the breath out of everyone. Jayhyun being the most surprised out of all.

The alpha looked at his brother with glassy eyes and on receiving a reassuring nod the tears came out of his eyes uninvited. "T...Then what are w...we waiting for? Let's s..search for her. We can't sit like this knowing that she is somewhere out there. That too in pain." His voice held fear and hope both. Something that made the others tear up as well.

"Uncle will return from the border inspection today. We'll let him know about this and then put in all our best people to look for her. Okay?" Jayhyun said getting up from his chair. His fists clenching with the sudden strong resolve in him but before he could say anything else, Jungkook's voice stilled him in place.

"He was the one who had seen their ripped open bodies. Then how come eomma is alive hyung? He was the one who had burned them because apparently the sight was too ghastly for us to see. Then how come Tae saw her present hyung? He blamed you for their death back then. Told you that you don't deserve to be the alpha but when all the others supported you he termed his accusations as an outburst caused due to the pain of losing his brother. I never noticed all this but now that I have, I can't seem to ignore it. Don't you find it suspicious?"

All of them froze. Their eyes going wide as the weight of those words dawned on them. Jayhyun turned to face the true blood. His heart beating loudly inside as the memories of the past hit him like a bolt of lightening. The pain he had felt back then turning into a rush of anger. "He has been playing with us? Is everything a show that he has been putting on till now?" He breathed out heavily. The anger inside him knew no bounds.

"I'm not sure hyung. I don't know if suspecting him is even right but I know that he has been hiding something from us. Something dark and evil. My instincts have always not trusted him completely but now I don't trust him at all. We can't let him find out about this. Let's find Eomma ourselves. Without him knowing. We'll start planning for it today."

Jayhyun nodded gulping the lump in his throat. He felt sad and betrayed but it was not the time to dwell on it. They had much more important things to do. So breathing in he opened his mouth to speak but a rough gravely voice interrupted him.

"What are you all doing here? Planning for what?"

__________________

I was planning to give you all a double update but there was no electricity in my house since yesterday night.
Wow! Just wow!
I somehow survived the entire day with just 20% battery.

But don't worry I'll try to give you more updates to make up for it. :-)