20.

"Beautiful

"Beautiful." He whispered as his eyes travelled along the surroundings. White and pink flowers adorning those green bushes. Big trees that were forming canopies with their small and countless leaves. The stony path that their feet were walking on. Everything was mesmerising. It was something straight out of the fairytale.

"I'm so glad that we came here." He said turning to look at the alpha walking beside him. The one who already had his eyes on the omega. "I'm glad too." Both their orbs locked with each other's but none of them looked away. There was something comforting in that gaze. Something hypnotising that the two were unaware of.

"Appa!" It was the kid's whining that brought them out of their eye lock. Them looking away immediately while crimson coloured their cheeks. "When are we going to reach the temple? I'm already tired." Soobin said squeezing himself between the two. "Just a few more minutes. It's just around the corner." Jungkook took his little hand in his own as they proceeded forward.

Merrily the kid wrapped his other hand around the omega's palm taking him off guard. "I want to hold your hand too." He explained and started swinging his arms back and forth. The other two couldn't help but smile at his frolics. Letting him do whatever he wanted nevertheless.

Despite the newness the entire situation screamed comfort. The three entangled hands felt natural to them. It was as if this was suppose to be the same way since the very beginning. Their twinkling forms were proof enough of the contentment they were feeling from this unlooked for sitch. They kept on walking hand in hand feeling those happy beats inside.

Soon enough they entered into a big clearing in the western part of the forest. At the far end they could see a small temple dedicated to the moon goddess. "Finally we've arrived." Hantae's voice broke the silence in the air catching all the attention. Everyone turned to face the old man. The man who was behind this entire endeavour in the first place.

"I know you all must be confused when I suggested to visit the temple so suddenly in the morning. It was very random of me and I couldn't even give you all a proper explanation." He said now fixing his gaze on Taehyung. "Whenever someone in our family is pregnant we always bring them here for eternal blessings from the moon goddess. It is believed that whoever will perform that small ritual will have a healthy baby in the end. I may sound very old fashioned but I really want you to do that ritual. It's not very difficult. You just have to bring water from the spring behind the temple. Fill it up in the stone basin and then decorate it with flowers from these bushes. Once everything is done you will have to see your reflection in that basin along with the moon. This is the entire ritual and I hope you do it for our family."

Though a little hesitant, Taehyung slowly nodded. Agreeing to perform the ritual. He didn't want to upset the others just because he his doubts about Hantae. On top of everything be believed that nothing related to moon goddess could harm any of her children. So he took a deep breath throwing away all those doubts from his mind. Looking at Jayhyun and Somi he said "I'll do it for you guys." Earning those twinkling smiles in return.

"I'll help him. I mean I'll fill the basin with water so he doesn't tire himself up." Jungkook suggested. His words full of care and concern. There was something endearing about those simple words that had the omega's heart beating loudly inside his chest. Wasn't he the one who used to hate me like a week ago? Silly hot head. He thought to himself as a small smile graced his ethereal face.

Still smiling he turned his head to face the alpha. Wanting to thank him for his concern but before he could even open his mouth Hantae spoke up. "You can't help him Kook. The ritual has to be performed by the expecting one alone. If someone else tries to help them then the ritual just gets useless. Taehyung would have to perform it all by himself. There's no alternative."

"But uncle what if he feels sick? What if he feels dizzy? We can't risk his and the child's health just for a ritual. It's better to be safe rationally than take a big risk just on the basis of some beliefs. I don't want him taking any chances. None of us want that." Jungkook tried to reason but the man was adamant.

"Taehyung can tell us if he feels sick or dizzy. It's not that difficult to take care of him. We just have to keep a watch on his movements and we'll know if he's feeling alright or not." Hantae said and smiled. " Taehyung you'll tell us if you feel sick. Right? We don't want you falling or injuring yourself now. So tell us when things get a little off."

"I will." The omega said looking at his feet. Not finding the courage to look into those dreaded red eyes. Those eyes that had something dark and mysterious in them. He didn't know why but even the words from the beholder of those eyes felt like a mock-up. Like there was some other meaning behind them. Something very dark. Something that he chose to ignore for now.

"Don't worry. I'll tell you if I don't feel good." He switched his attention to the True Blood instead. The other just nodding hesitantly. "You better tell me Bambi otherwise I'll put more spiders in your room." He whispered smiling. Earning a giggle from the omega in return. Their small interaction not going unnoticed by the pair of red eyes.

"You can start now child. It's seven already and the moon can also come out any minute now. The faster you are the faster we'll be able to go back." Hantae said grinning in an uncanny way and then whispered something to himself.

"And faster will your eyes reveal the truth about you."

_______________

Finally after three days of bad network I'm back. Phew!