15.

"How beautiful is the rain!After the dust and heat,In the broad and fiery street,In the narrow lane,How beautiful is the rain!

After the dust and heat,
In the broad and fiery street,
In the narrow lane,
How beautiful is the rain!

How it clatters along the roofs
Like the tramp of hoofs!
How it gushes and struggles out
From the throat of the overflowing spout!

Across the window-pane
It pours and pours;
And swift and wide,
With a muddy tide,
Like a river down the gutter roars
The rain, the welcome rain!"

The child sang bobbing his head to the pitter patter of the rain drops. His shiny orbs gazing outside with curiosity while Taehyung sat next to him with a fond look on his face. "Where did you learn that from?" He asked smiling. Soobin slowly turned to face him. "School. I love this poem Taetae and also the rain. But Appa doesn't allow me to go outside when it's raining. He says that I'll fall sick."

The longing in Soobin's voice and eyes made Taehyung sit up straight. He could never see the kid looking so sad. So if playing in the rain was what would make him happy then that was exactly what they were going to do. "Let's go and play outside. Your Appa is busy with work. We both will play for a while and then come back quickly. He'll not come to know." Hearing him the kid's eyes twinkled.

"Really?" He asked and started jumping with joy on receiving a nod. Taehyung offered the excited kid his hand. The other immediately holding onto it. Then both of them sneakily escaped from the pack house making sure that no one knew about their endeavour.

Once outside they ran towards the playground giggling as the light shower hit their bodies. It was a refreshing feeling and they loved it. Soobin jumped in every puddle while Taehyung followed him around laughing at his antics. "Soobinah let's make a boat." Taehyung said pulling the kid under the rain shelter and then took out a poster sticking flimsily on the wall.

Together they successfully made a paper boat. Their forms shining with innocent happiness. Giving each other an excited look they ran into the rain again and sat next to a puddle. "Here goes my boat." Soobin cheered out as he descended the small boat into the water. His face sporting a big smile as he eyed it bobbing up and down.

"Catch me if you can Taetae." The kid said suddenly moving his thumb in front of Taehyung's eyes. "Oh really!" The omega sprang to his feet running after the little one without wasting a second. Their giggles and laughter filled up the once empty playground as they enjoyed themselves to the fullest unaware of the eyes on them.

The eyes that radiated warmth and admiration. A face that adorned a small smile at the scene before it. A heart that felt full looking at the interaction between the two. "He's not that bad." The male said to himself as his eyes drifted from Soobin to the pretty omega. Taking one last look at them he walked away from the window with a different warmth inside him this time.

 Taking one last look at them he walked away from the window with a different warmth inside him this time

It was around six in the evening when Jungkook finally finished all his paper work. He stretched his arms and was about to get up from his seat when someone barged into the study. "Jungkook I have something to tell you." The high pitched voice made him roll his eyes in annoyance.

"You know what I saw today? I was coming back from the beauty parlour when my eyes landed on Soobin. He was in the playground. That too when it was raining and guess what who took him there? It was that poor omega surrogate. He took our son out in the rain Kook. Do you know that?" She tried her level best to sound concerned but Jungkook just scoffed at her words.

"You suddenly care now? That's an interesting turn of events." He said sarcasm dripping from his every word. "Of course I care. He is my son too. I would have confronted them there and then but I held myself back because I want you to teach that surrogate a lesson. Tell him to be in his limits." She banged her hand on the table as if agitated.

A laugh escaped the True Blood's mouth hearing her words. "He was never your son Eun-hi. You didn't even look at him after he was born. For a year you fooled me into thinking that you had post partum depression. You treated Soobin like trash and I didn't say anything because I loved you. But luckily that facade of yours didn't last long and the truth came out one day. Now I know your reality and so does Soobin. So please do not interfere in our lives. I've already told you the same thing a million times I guess but you seem to have lost all your self respect. No?" The bitterness in his voice was enough to make anyone hiss and look away but the woman did not.

"I love you Kook. I made a mistake and I accept it. You have to stop being petty and think about the love we have. We are m..mates for g..god's sake." Her wavering voice and teary eyes didn't move Jungkook at all. It disgusted him instead.

"Love? Do you even know what love is? I gave you my everything but what did you give me? Nothing. You couldn't even give me the one thing I asked for. Love was suppose to be a blessing not a curse but you turned it into one. We were suppose to be mates but you are the reason we aren't. You ruined us so do not spout this nonsense infront of me again. I can have whoever I want in my life. The same goes with Soobin. That should be none of your business. You can just go back to your lover. You both deserve each other after all." He said giving her a cold look that sent shivers down her spine.

She was about to say something but before she could even open her mouth Jungkook walked away from there leaving her all alone. Rolling her eyes she wiped the tears on her cheeks and sighed.

"I can't let anyone come into your life dear mate. You are mine afterall."

________________

Can somebody please stop me? I've been listening to 'Run BTS' continuously for days now. Repeat after repeat. I can't stop.