17.

The cool breeze, rustling of leaves and the warm sun rays

The cool breeze, rustling of leaves and the warm sun rays. Butterflies fluttering around the sweet smelling blooms. A beautiful day that could bring a smile to the face. A day that could clear the mind off all it's worries. A day to enjoy.

But not for Taehyung.

He really felt like dying. The exhaustion and nausea was not letting him do anything these days. Two days after playing in the rain he had suddenly pucked his guts out in the morning. Things getting only worse for him after that. His sickness and dizziness so much that he couldn't even stand for long.

The boy was not ready for such a situation. He had never thought that he'll be on bed rest for almost an entire month. That too at just the beginning of his pregnancy. He even cried from fear at nights thinking that he was doing something wrong and harming the child. Calming down only when Jin assured him of things being absolutely normal.

Thankfully, his sickness reduced as he entered the second month of his pregnancy. Everyone finally taking a sigh of relief. Taehyung was the happiest though. The past week had been better for him and he was finally exempted from his bed rest. Taking this chance he had asked Jimin to accompany him to the garden for some fresh air. The other agreeing to it without second thoughts.

"Does it feel good?" Jimin asked brushing the omega's hair with his fingers as his head laid on the former's lap. Taehyung just hummed not in the mood to open his mouth. He wanted to savour every ounce of the warm sun rays and cool breeze despite the weakness in his body. He just wanted to feel that freedom after being trapped inside the four walls of his room for a month in the least.

"If you feel sick tell us immediately. Hmm?" Somi's soft voice echoed through his ear and he again hummed in response. Even talking felt like a chore to him these days and he was glad that no one pushed him to speak more than he wanted to.

Taking in a deep breath he snuggled more into Jimin's lap trying to seek the comfort his body had been devoid of the past few days. His eyes closing from the weighing exhaustion. "How is he today?" Jayhyun's voice suddenly boomed through the silent sky but Taehyung didn't reply nor opened his eyes. "He's fine today. Just wanted to come out for some fresh air." Somi informed her husband but Taehyung didn't register anything. Not when the after rain muddy scent of a certain True Blood was giving him the desired comfort. Miraculously taking away the tiredness from his body.

Satisfied the boy slowly opened his eyes only to lock them with those onyx orbs. The eyes that were already staring at him with concern. "Will you stay with me? Your scent makes me calm?" He spoke in a low voice but everyone around him heard those words loud and clear. "M..Me?" Jungkook pointed at himself. His eyes wide in surprise. "Of course hot head. I was looking at you. Wasn't I?" Taehyung didn't have the patience to explain himself to anyone.

"But doesn't he need your scent hyung? T...To feel calm." Jungkook questioned. His insides flustered from the sudden request. "He's mateless. Jayhyun's scent would have calmed me during pregnancy because he is my mate. Taehyung can find any scent relaxing which is your's I guess. So be with him for some time. Let him relax. We'll be off then. Have a lot of work to do. Shall we Jay?" Somi said getting up quickly. Jimin too slowly placed the omega's head on a cushion and left with the others.

So it's just me and..... Him. Jungkook thought to himself as he glanced at the pretty omega. Rubbing his nape in nervousness he took a seat beside him on the coverlet. A contented sigh left Taehyung's mouth making the alpha more nervous. "Are you sure you want me to be around you? Aren't you...like angry on me for how I behaved with you?" Jungkook asked. His voice unsure.

"No. I'm not." Taehyung opened his eyes and looked right at him. "Many people have fought with me for god knows what reason but you on the other hand had a reason. Everytime we had an argument the matter was related to Soobin. I could see the love and concern you have for him in your eyes. So, I can't be mad at you for being a good father. Right?" Jungkook sighed hearing the omega's words.

"I'm sorry for treating you that way. I was a fool to judge you on the basis of some stupid rumours." Taehyung couldn't help but smile at those words. His body feeling way more relaxed than before. "Let's be friends?" He said slowly sitting up.

"Huh?" Jungkook's bewildered expression made him laugh a little. "My body just feels nice whenever you're around. Your scent makes me calm and I feel that you'll have to stick with me throughout the pregnancy. It'll be impossible if we keep on bickering. So we'll have to be friends. That way we can stay together and also we'll be able to know each other better. What do you say?"

Taehyung extended his hand forward looking at the True Blood with expectant eyes. Smiling the alpha held it in his own. "I'm up. It's better than fighting over useless stuff. But I have a condition." Jungkook said smirking. "I'll keep calling you Bambi because it suits you."

"If that's the case then I'll keep calling you hot head because it suits you too." Taehyung said staring at the other with a blank face. Both of them finally bursting out into fit of giggles a few seconds later. Even after the giggles stopped the smiles never left their forms. Their insides feeling an unknown tingle.

Wanting to continue the conversation Jungkook opened his mouth to speak but a guard interrupted him suddenly.

"Alpha Jungkook your uncle has finally returned."

________________

I hope the small time skip was not weird. Also, how was the new interaction between them?