31.

Jungkook was deep in his thoughts as he sat beside the omega's bedside

Jungkook was deep in his thoughts as he sat beside the omega's bedside. His soft eyes gazing at the sleeping figure with nothing but worry. What if Sungjae had already harmed him before I could reach them? What if the situation was worse than this? What if I had trusted that man too? What would have happened to Taehyung then? All these thoughts had been torturing him for hours now. His heart aching at the sight of the cannula inserted in the omega's hand.

"Kook don't worry. He is safe. The baby is safe." Somi tried to reassure him but this only angered him more. "Come outside noona." He said getting up from his seat and walking out the door followed by the woman in tow. Once outside he gently shut the door and wordlessly descended downstairs where the others were sitting and having a discussion on the previous attack.

"Are you all happy now? Especially you hyung? Are you happy that your baby is safe?" He questioned taking them all off guard. "K..Kook!" Jayhyun stuttered sensing the ravenette's anger. "I shouldn't have listened to you. I told you to investigate first and then collect proof but no you had to come and question Taehyung at three f*cking a.m. in the morning."

"It was my decision Jungkook. Don't blame Jayhyun for it. I'm also so......." Hantae intervened but Jungkook was not having it. Not today when he could have lost Taehyung just because of their foolish and inconsiderate behaviour. "Sorry? You're sorry?" He scoffed cutting the old man's words in between. "What will it change? Your sorry is like a bandage on a broken mirror uncle. The stress and trauma you've given him cannot fade away in a day. He almost had a miscarriage today and now he might have complications in his pregnancy. We all are to blame for this but most importantly you."

"Jungkook! How could I have predicted a sudden attack? I was just trying to help." Hantae said trying to defend himself. His fists clenching from the anger he was feeling towards the ravenette. "This is why I don't agree with you on so many topics uncle. We always have a difference of opinion because you never accept your mistakes. I respect you but that doesn't mean that I'm going to let you take decisions on hyung's behalf from now on. I'm sorry but I have to do this."

"Kook? Calm down please." Jayhyun came forward looking at the true blood with guilty eyes. "Hyung! I will calm down but before that tell me something." Jungkook spoke. His voice stern and demanding. The elder was confused but nodded nevertheless. "Why are you so hesitant to take decisions? I know you didn't want to question Taehyung suddenly like that. I could see the hesitance in your eyes so why are you so scared to voice out your opinions. Are you still blaming yourself for that incident? Hyung please stop thinking that way now. It was the best decision you could have taken back then and nothing was your fault. So please come back to your senses already before you lose your child or someone dear to you. Just come out of the past or atleast talk about it."

With that he walked away not sparing them all even a glance. His feet taking him back to the room where his solace and calm was. The room where his newly found piece of heart was sleeping peacefully.

Taehyung opened his eyes to an absolutely dark room. The only source of light being the half moon shining through the window. He took in a deep breath and then gulped feeling his dry throat. A groan felt his mouth when he tried to sit up but couldn't due to the weakness in his body.

"Bambi? Are you awake? How are you feeling?" A gentle voice entered his ear giving him a sudden comfort. Weakly he nodded his head and within seconds two strong arms pulled him up a little adjusting his upper body comfortably on the cushions behind him. Once he was half lying against the headboard he opened his eyes properly only to find the ravenette looking at him with a soft smile on his face.

"Here. Drink some water. Your throat must be dry." Jungkook said and Taehyung found himself following his every word. "How are you feeling?" The true blood asked again after keeping the cup of water aside. "Weak and shitty." The omega replied smiling. "I'll be fine though so don't worry much and don't give me that serious expression hot head."

Jungkook relaxed on hearing his talkative omega. His hand intertwining with the other's in the process. Taehyung looked away shyly at the tingling touch but his eyes widened when they landed on Soobin who was sleeping a few hands away from him on the bed. "He was not ready to leave his Taetae. You have been unconscious for the entire day today and it really scared him a lot. I did tell him to go back to his room but he didn't listen to me. He wanted to be with you when you woke up but he just slept a few hours ago. He's a kid afterall." Jungkook explained him the entire thing after looking at his surprised face.

Hearing those words Taehyung couldn't help but smile at the warmth of the gesture. He felt loved from the attention and care the father son duo was giving him. "Thank you for everything Kookie." He whispered glancing at the other with glassy eyes. His emotions getting the best of him.

Jungkook on the other hand felt his heart racing from the way Taehyung had called him right now. He felt like it was beating a million times per second. So taking in a deep breath he stabled himself. "You don't have to thank me Bambi. I did everything because I wanted to do it. Nobody forced me so don't run this beautiful brain of yours in the wrong direction. Hmm." The ravenette said cupping the omega's cheeks in his hands. Smiling when he found the cute one looking at him with his puppy eyes.

"Why? Is this pity?" Taehyung asked and Jungkook shook his head aggressively. "No! Will you stop thinking that way? I did everything on my own accord. From what my heart directed me to do." Taehyung smiled at that. His breath hitching when he heard the words that came out of the alpha's mouth.

"And I'm ready to stand by your side like this forever."

__________________

They have started to figure out their feelings. So you might get a lot of romantic moments between them now.