27.

Those painful cries were like a stab to his heart

Those painful cries were like a stab to his heart. That burning house was like a failure. Only if I was a little more strong willed. Only if I had helped them myself. The fourteen year old thought to himself as he silently stood amidst the crowd. Tears running down his face as the heart wrenching cries entered into his ears.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" A loud feminine scream startled him. He instantly looked in the direction of the voice only to find a lady standing there with her son beside her. "You did it right? It's your doing. IT'S BECAUSE OF YOU THAT MY HUSBAND DIED. Sungjae was right. You are a curse to this town." The lady cried hugging her son close.

"No Mrs. Lee. I told you to be careful but....." The kid couldn't complete his words as a harsh slap landed on his face. "STOP LYING. How can you know about an incident that was about to happen? YOU DID IT. YOU ARE TRYING TO TAKE OVER THIS PACK. RIGHT? Sungjae can be wrong but what about your own uncle. Ha-joon says the same thing about you. Do you still think I'll believe you? We'll believe you? Never. It was a mistake that I considered you as Jinsoo's friend but you were a snake all along. I refused to believe the people but now I do."

The kid shook his head aggressively. Trying his very best to deny the accusations. He felt suffocated with all those angry stares. His eyes stinging with tears. "YOU'LL PAY FOR YOUR ACTIONS. " Someone shouted scaring him even more and the next thing the omega knew was a big stone coming his way.......

He sat up breathing unevenly. His fists clenching onto the duvet tightly. His entire body was drenched with sweat as he looked around in relief. "It's okay. Your safe. There is no one around you." The omega whispered to himself. Trying to calm his racing heart down. He felt lonely but it was nothing knew. Taehyung had been in this situation countless of times before. Calming his own self after a bad dream was like a routine in his life.

A sad and heavy sigh escaped his mouth as he got out of bed and went towards the balcony. The starry sky welcomed him into the silence of the night. Stepping out into the porch the omega took in a deep breath feeling every sensation in his body. It was then that he heard a faint heartbeat from inside him.

His hand automatically went towards his stomach. Those long fingers caressing the skin gently. He smiled feeling the small vibrations from the little creature inside. "You can't make me feel this way bun. You're not mine and you'll never be mine. You don't have to comfort me with your presence. Otherwise I'll not be able to give you up when the time comes." He whispered. His voice heavy with raw emotions. His heart aching for someone that he could call his own. Someone who would belong to only him and him forever.

Jungkook stared into the mirror. His eyes heavy with tiredness but unfortunately there would be no sleep for him today. An emergency meeting had come up at this late hour of the night and he had to attend it even if he was in no mood to do so.

"Appa and Eomma I wish you were here. I really have a lot on my mind lately and these meetings don't help me at all." He said out loud looking at the sky through the big window. Sighing he went back to buttoning up his shirt and then walked out of the room and down the stairs. Once outside he proceeded towards the meeting room that was near the training grounds. A room specially kept for late night discussions in order to not disturb the other family members.

Entering inside he saw his brother, uncle, Yoongi and Namjoon already sitting at the table. A grim expression clouding their visages. "What is it about?" He asked taking a seat beside them. His mind already alerting him about the future events. "There are a few people that wanted to meet us urgently. They are from the town where Taehyung lives." Hantae said looking right into his eyes.

Hearing those words Jungkook sat up straight. His protective side suddenly kicking in. "Call them in then." He announced and soon four people came inside with their heads bowed down. "Why did you want to meet us this urgently?" Jayhyun asked eyeing the four up and down.

"Greetings alpha." One of them started. "My name is Sungjae and I'm going to represent our stand infront of you. We all are very loyal towards your family and this is the reason why we came here so urgently. When we came to know about that boy being your surrogate we couldn't stop ourselves. We had to come and tell you all about his reality."

"What do you mean?" Jayhyun asked. Worry filling up his every fibre. "I'm sorry to say this but you have chosen the wrong person to carry your child. He is a curse. A person who performed black magic. He has destroyed many of our lives back when he was a child." Sungjae said his voice quivering with his overwhelming emotions. Then one by one all of them started narrating their stories. Taehyung being the antagonist of them all. They took out all their pent up anger on the boy infront of their alpha.

"Then why did you keep this hidden for so long?" Hantae asked slamming his fist on the table. He sounded worked up from the sudden revelation. Though in reality he was smiling from inside. He's the omega I've been looking for. Finally I found him. He thought to himself. His eyes never leaving the four before them.

"His parents had begged us to not expose his true colours. They had promised us that they would make sure that he doesn't cause any trouble. They had also promised the residents that if Taehyung is the reason for any problem in the town they would leave on their own accord. This is why we........." But the man couldn't complete his words as a chair fell down suddenly. The clamour resonating through the room. But that is not what felt them speechless and shivering in their places. It was the true blood who stood their breathing heavily. His eyes red in anger. With a loud growl he threatened.

"How dare you lie about my omega?"

_________________

Here's an early update for you all.