22.

The sound of happy laughter filled up the library

The sound of happy laughter filled up the library. Four of them sitting there chatting their afternoon off. "He is the funniest. When Jihu was born he was absolutely scared to take him in his arms. Namjoon looked so cute when he was all panicky. Despite the pain I laughed my a*s off that day. It's already been three years but that incident is still fresh in my mind as if it was just yesterday that my baby was born."

The others smiled hearing his heartwarming stories. "When I saw Jihu for the first time he didn't look like your son at all but now I know why. He is an exact copy of Namjoon hyung. The same dimples. The same dragon eyes. On top of everything he is also a dada's boy." Taehyung said smiling. "I'm excited to know who will this bun resemble. You or alpha?" He asked turning his gaze to Somi as his hand grazed over his stomach.

"I hope the baby is a good mix of us. That will be so cute." Somi chirpped in excitement. "I'll be a mother in a few months and it's all thanks to you." She ruffled the omega's hair lovingly. Taehyung just smiling at her in the process. "Okay we've talked enough about me. Let's ask Jimin the question I've been willing to ask for so long" Somi said looking at the mentioned male with a curious expression on her face.

"What?" Jimin exclaimed. "When are you and Yoongi going to give us a good news? Haven't you thought about it till now?" Jimin looked away shyly hearing those words. The others laughing at his cuteness. "We were actually planning for a child this year but then the sudden attacks started. So we've just pushed that idea for some other time. It was a mutual decision. We will have a child when things get back to normal. We don't want to risk anything." He explained.

"That's wise of you both." Jin agreed. The rest of them giving their affirmation. "Now my turn to ask." Jimin said with a thoughtful look on his visage. "Why did you reject your mate Tae? If you don't mind." He questioned looking at the pregnant male. Curiosity evident in his eyes.

"No. I don't mind." The omega said in a blink. There was nothing to hide afterall. Taking a deep breath Taehyung gave them a tight lipped smile and started. "My mate was Choi Minho. The son of the landlord in the eastern part of the pack. The day I found out about him being my mate I was actually over the moon. He appeared like a descent guy but I was so wrong. Humiliating me at his high class parties. Making fun of my family in front of his friends. Trying to control me every f*cking day. The only thing missing was physical abuse. I tried to do everything possible to improve our relationship. Three years. I wasted three years of my life on that bastard. Truly speaking I kind of lost myself during that phase of my life. I was not happy. It didn't feel as if I was even living. So after gathering a lot of courage I rejected him. I decided to live for myself." He finished fidgeting with his fingers in nervousness of being judged again.

"You did the right thing." He looked up hearing the Luna's voice. "Mates are suppose to be your other half. They should be there to support you in every thick and thin. They complete you but if they think that their rank gives then the power to be a d*ck then they are wrong. You were so right to leave him. Your happiness and self respect matters the most. You don't need a mate to survive. You need a mate to love and care. And I know you'll find that person someday."

Taehyung's eyes sparkled with unshed tears at those comforting words. It was the first time someone had said that to him. It was the first time someone other than his parents supported his decision. He couldn't help but feel warm and relieved at that. Smiling the four continued with their talks unaware of the fact that someone else had also heard everything the omega had mentioned.

Humming to himself he made his way up the stairs. A big boxy smile gracing that beautiful face while his hand was gently caressing his stomach. After talking things out with Somi, Jin and Jimin he felt extremely light. It felt good to find people who understood his point instead of telling him to comprise.

"You are lucky to have parents like them bun. Alpha and luna are really nice people. They will give you the best upbringing." He whispered. Happiness and surety driping from his every word. Smiling he kept walking taking another set of stairs and finally entered inside the glass house on the rooftop. A place he had started vising recently. It was a bit secluded and gave him the 'me time' he required.

Closing the door he sighed in bliss. "I love this place. So comfy." He said and with that gently laid down on a couch. Closing his eyes he tried to rest his tired body and get the sleep he was craving for. True to his exhaustion it did not even take a second for his body to doze off but unluckily there was something else coming his way.

The door to the glass house was unbarred violently making him jolt up in surprise. "M...Minho?" He stuttered looking at the man standing beside the entrance. A smirk plastered on his face. "Hey dear mate I'm here to take you back. I hope you are happy with this attention." He said taking a few steps forward.

Taehyung quickly stood up with a hand secured around his stomach as his omega senses kicked in. "F*ckers like you don't change. They get worse with time. Do you really have no self respect? I have rejected you so just go away you bastard." Even though he was scared he didn't let it show on his face and posture. He wanted to be as confident as possible but the words he heard next sent his heart plummeting down his stomach.

"I'm going to take you with me anyway but before that let me take care of that sh*t inside you."

___________________

What do you think will happen to Minho now?

And sorry for the weird chapter but a filler was required before the actual action.