21.

"The alluring moonwith it's luminiscence so white

"The alluring moon
with it's luminiscence so white.
The pellucid aqua unconfined.
Those graceful blooms
in the heart of the receptacle,
Will show him through the first image.
His eyes plum and bright."

Hantae felt self satisfied as he stood a few steps away from the water basin. Those lines swirling in his mind. He eyed the omega who was almost done with the preparations. The moon was at it's zenith too. Everything was proceeding according to his plan and he couldn't help but feel immense joy travel through his veins.

"Finally it's done. I'm so proud of you Taehyung. You were very quick." He said when Taehyung was done putting the last flower into the basin. "Now, you will look at your own reflection in the water. Then at the moon's reflection. Once it's done the ritual will be over."

Hearing him the other family members came towards the two surrounding them in an instant. "Be careful children. You can stand near him but don't push the boy." Hantae instructed the others. "Ok! Let's get done with this ritual. I'm already very tired. These old bones don't work for long now. I can't wait to go back to my bed." The smile on his face exuded pure joy. His plan was on the right track. So there was no way he wouldn't feel joyous in a situation where everything was happening according to his wishes.

Taehyung on the other hand scoffed silently hearing the man's words. Doesn't sound like a tired old man to me. And why is he so happy about this ritual? His voice and eyes give me the chills everytime. Just can't bring myself to trust this old geezer. He thought to himself and turned his focus on the water basin instead. The boy wanted to get over with everything as quickly as possible. He didn't like to be in Hantae's presence at all. His omega senses warning him all the damn time.

"Should we start?" He asked and received a nod in return. "Appa! Come here and stand beside me. Taetae wait for him." Soobin gestured his father to stand right behind Taehyung. The omega waiting patiently for that to happen. "Okay." Jungkook sheepishly took a few steps forward failing to notice the small root sticking out of the ground.

He took another step but failed to balance himself after tripping on that root. His body jerked forward colliding with the omega's who was right infront of him. Both of them about to fall over with the force. Luckily for them the water basin was downright before them so they were able to steady themselves by holding onto it's rim.

Surprised they glanced at each other with wide open mouths. "Are you alright?" Taehyung whispered. Receiving a light nod in return. "You?" Jungkook asked still dazed. Taehyung gave him a nod of affirmation. Both sighing out in relief together. Slowly the two looked away. Their breaths suddenly hitching at the view before their eyes.

There in front of them was their reflection staring back at them. A beautiful image of two interconnected souls with the moon shining at it's highest. Flustered at the sight Jungkook hurriedly stepped away. "I'm sorry. You can continue with the ritual." He said while taking his position beside Soobin. The alpha thanking the darkness all the way for hiding his red cheeks.

Taehyung went back to performing the ritual too as if nothing had happened a few seconds ago. The others following his footsteps excluding one man. The man who had his hands clentched in anger. His plan had failed. The first image had already been seen and this ritual was useless now. His nephew had ruined things for him again. I'll make you pay for everything later dear nephew. He thought to himself. His eyes hiding the same glint inside. That dangerous glint of something dark.

"That old man thinks that I'm going to do whatever he wants. He's so wrong. My father owns most of the properties in the eastern part of the pack and I'm the only heir to that money. I'm not someone whom he can order around according to his own wishes." The alpha tightened his hold on the glass of alcohol in his hand.

Jinsoo sighed hearing his intoxicated friend. "Minho it's the booze that's speaking. You know we can't go against him. He is the alpha's relative. That too blood related. He has a lot of power over decisions in this place. We can't do anything other than listening to him." He tried to pursue the other but Minho was too angry to actually understand his point.

"NO! HE IS NOT MY MASTER. I'M GOING TO MEET MY OMEGA TOMORROW AND THAT'S FINAL. I hope you get that." Minho shouted standing up from his place. His breathing unstable with the rage he felt. Jinsoo looked away from him feeling irritated with his behaviour.

"I am you friend Minho. You are like a brother to me. I have supported you in everything till now even if I knew it was not right. I still backed you up but not this time. I came this far to stop you from doing this stupid thing. JUST LEAVE HIM ALREADY. He deserves a life too so let him be. AND YOU LIVE YOURS. Do you underst......" He couldn't even complete his words. His body colliding with the wall due to the sudden push.

He looked up surprised only to see Minho coming towards him. His eyes red with anger. "Who do you think you are?" The alpha whispered dangerously. His hands fisted around Jinsoo's collars. "Do you think you can order me around just because I consider you my friend? You shouldn't have come here in the first place if your motive was to stop me. I am going to get Taehyung back and that's final. No one can convince me to back off and if you can't help than get lost."

Minho pushed the other way growling in the process. Taking a few deep breaths he tried to gain back his composure. Once he had calmed down he proclaimed.

"I'm going to get over with this tomorrow."

________________

So how was the small poem in the beginning? I wrote it myself. My first ever try.

Also, some action is about to come.