Schemes (Macaque x Reader)

You sat on your chair at your desk, working on the Night Shift for your job at the weather department, a quiet cough erupting from your throat as you tiredly typed on your laptop.

Behind you, at your window, the wind howled as it did a few weeks ago when Macaque had visited.

The window to your right was open, more wind pouring in, but suddenly stopping, a shadow cast over your work.

"Y/N.." A familiar voice said in a singsong tone, it was Macaque.

You look at the window, Macaque sat on his toes on the frame.

"Macaque, what're you doing here..?" You sleepily mumbled, rubbing your eyes, walking over to the window.

"I came to see you, and ask a favor." Another Macaque said behind you, putting his hands on your shoulders.

"What the..?" You mumbled, surprised.

The Macaque that had rested his hands on your shoulders suddenly disappeared in a small puff of smoke.

Macaque hopped down from the windowsill, walking towards you.

"I need a place to scheme and plot, and I've been missing you lately now that I don't need to fight the Monkie kid and Wukong. I was wondering if I could move in with you." He asked rather bluntly with a sly grin on his face.

"Oh, okay.." You said, letting Macaque lay in your bed, as he lay down, you sat back in your seat and continued clicking away. But you felt like you were being watched, as you turned around you noticed Macaque sitting up, looking at you, concerned, noticing how sickly you looked.

"Y/N, you need sleep. You look exhausted," He insisted.

"Macaque, we seriously can't do this again.." You muttered, coughing a bit.

"Please..?" He begged, pouting a bit.

You sighed again, not being able to resist your partner's begging.

"..Fine." You replied, getting up from your chair, laying down with Macaque, your partner quickly wrapped himself around you, and you did the same to him, he then wrapped his tail around you, like he's been waiting a long time to do this.

"Ohh, you've been waiting to do this, haven't you?" You quietly teased.

"Hey! I bet you've been waiting for this too!" Macaque snapped back, glaring at you, but you just giggled.

"I have.." You admitted, smiling shyly.

"I have too, I won't lie to you," He muttered quietly in response, chuckling a bit.

You two then cuddled in silence, eventually drifting off to sleep.