resurfacing (syntax x medic reader)

THIS WAS A REQUEST!!! I FORGOT WHO WANTED A SYNTAX X MEDIC READER, SO WHOEVER WANTED IT PLS COMMENT, NOW ENJOYYY <33
(you have great taste in fictional characters btw 🤭)

(Before your friend left, he was your closest companion. One day, before he was about to inform you of something important on your rooftop, he received a call and had to leave, and you never saw him again, forgetting his name out of nowhere)

It was around four in the morning, and you had just pulled another all-nighter to study.

You heard a faint knock on your door from your bedroom, shaken awake by this tiny noise, you scrambled from your grey bed and threw open your bedroom door. Sprinting over to your front door and hearing the sound of a thud, an odd sense of urgency suddenly washing over you.

You quickly opened your door, looking down the hallway.

Was this just a pra—- OH MY-

Before you could finish your thought, you stepped forward to further see if you had been tricked, then felt your foot bump against a heavy mass.

Your expression dropped.

What was that?!

You slowly looked down to see a man with a bright green mullet and purple skin, four spider-like appendages weakly retreating into his back.

You dropped to the floor, your hand moving quickly to his neck, sighing with relief as you felt a pulse and noticed his chest rising and falling.

Okay, he's still alive, good.

But as you looked at the unconscious man, you realized he was covered in cuts and bruises, his purple and green suit badly ripped all over.

Not good, he's in awful condition. How is he still alive?!

Your mind flooded with questions as you picked up the seemingly-dead weight, shutting the door and shoving aside your books to set him down on your bed. You grabbed your medical supplies and took off the top part of his suit, revealing his undershirt.

Wrapping up his arms and legs, you noticed blood quickly seeping from a deep scratch in the area of his torso near the abdomen, removing his undershirt and wrapping that area, too. Applying pressure with one hand as the other reached for your phone, calling MK over for help.

"MK! I found an unconscious man at my doorstep, you need to come over now!" You blurted, the injured man was almost beaten to death, whatever made these wounds must be a villain of some sort.

There were also cuts and bruises on his legs, so you removed his pants and gave him a pair you used to wear as pajamas, a comfortable but baggy fit on the man.

MK burst through your front door, shutting it behind him and running towards you, seeing you inside your room.

"Y/N, I'm here! What's wrong- OH MY-" He exclaimed, putting a hand on the doorframe before pulling himself back, stumbling a bit.

"That's Syntax! Why is he here?! Who beat him up like that?!" He exclaimed, looking disgusted.

So that's his name, huh...

"I heard a knock at my door and then a thud, he must've been the one to knock and then passed out from the blood loss," You tried to explain, MK looked panicked.

"I don't know who mauled him like this, but whoever is responsible must be a major threat." You finished speaking.

"Okay, this is super weird. That geek is on the bad guy's side, so why would a villain beat him up??" He scratched his head as you lit an old candle, a gift from an old friend you hadn't seen in a while.